Great overall sound quality and comfortable to wear
Altec Lansing 903 US BackBeat Headphone is a very good wireless headset, both for phone/talk and music. It is comfortable to wear and provide very decent sound quality (stereo). (I also recommend the bluetooth adapter to unwired your music/mp3 player , included in the backbeat 906 version)
1. Very comfortable to wear (and light)
2. Great overall sound quality (stereo)
3. Bass is strong (with bass boost feature)
4. Great battery life (6+ hours talk/music time)
5. New OpenMic technology is very useful (so you don't have to take off the headset if you want to hear the surrounding)
6. Quick switch from listening to music to picking up the phone
7. Headset have dedicated button for remote control phone/music operation (like volume, bass, play, pause, switch to phone, mute, open mic control)
1. Sound not as crisp as wired headphone (when listening to music), but very close, and for wireless, I think it's good enough
2. Volume control is one level change per click (can't just hold the volume up or down to change the volume multiple level)
3. Buttons are very small and it's not very easy/comfortable to press when you are wearing the headphone
4. Have to press and hold the small button for 2 seconds to turn on or off (both headset and bluetooth adapter)
5. It takes 3 hours to fully charge (1 hour charge will be nice)
All in all, while this is not a perfect product, it is very good wireless product (good sound quality and comfortable to wear). And converting your wired music/mp3 players into wireless with a decent sound quality (using the bluetooth dongle, not included in this version), priceless!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
BackBeat 903 Bluetooth Headphones
~great sound quality
~no cords hanging around your neck when working out, or just listening to music (I use this with my phone and makes it so I don't keep yanking the earbuds out of my ears like I did with corded)
~Bluetooth seems to connect well (I can keep my phone in my pocket where I don't have to worry about dropping it *I have done that with earbuds)
~buttons on the backbeat headphones function great so I don't have to pull my phone out to change the volume, mute, track, or answer a call
~Takes alittle used to wearing not your usuall earbuds
~if you have a larger head they might not fit you to well (I wear a 7 3/4 size hat and it seems to fit me snug so if you have a much bigger head it might not be very comfortable)
~the difference between the 903 and 906 is the bluetooth doggle, so if you get the 903 and want to use it with a device that does not already have bluetooth you will have to get a doggle for it.
I would rate the 903 backbeat wireless Bluetooth Headphones an easy 8 out of 10 they work great and the sound quality is there but they don't get a higher rating because of the design for a smaller head they don't really have much adjustment for different sized heads, but don't let that scare you they work wonderfully and I use them with my laptop and phone to listen to music etc, and I don't keep ripping them out of my ear like I did anytime I moved with earbuds and they play loud enough that I can hear it walking down the city street without having to share my music.
Excellent with a few Blips
I upgraded to this model after much research. The controls make sense and work in the real world easily. The sound I find exceptional. My brain almost went on overload with Stereo Bluetooth. (And it makes my Rhapsody downloads worth the cost.)
Like the other reviewer stated though, the signal dropout is a problem. The range it states is overestimated - I can't go into another room in my small house without dropping the signal. (In comparison, my cheap Motorola 371 has greater range going all around the upstairs with no problem. But it's voice pickup and clarity left a lot to be desired. Thus the upgrade.)
Plantronics manufactures the set and Altec put their name on it. But frankly I have a supplier beating all - yes, all - prices in the net. Even Plantronics' own Bluetooth prices on the same model. And it is even called the same thing.
Insum, I will see how much I will put up with the dropoffs. Year warranty is there and I may use it.
Good headset with great sound!
I loved the idea of having no cables to worry about. And it works really well. The audio quality is excellent, and way better than average corded earbuds like stock ipod ones and similar. The only thing that bothers me is that i have to carry my phone in the chest pocket of my jacket, otherwise it looses the signal way to often and the music skips. When sitting still, it works flawlessly, but then again, who needs cordless earbuds when sitting still? This is a great product, but the signal-loss bothers me. I think it will be a problem if you dont wear a jacket all year around.
Altec Lansing BackBeat 903 Wireless Headphones
My fiance loves the Altec Lansing BackBeat 903 Wireless Headphones. She loves everything about the headphones. Now she is showing off answering the phone with them. The controls are easy to access and they sound great.