Friends - The Complete Series Collection (2006, DVD)
Every show shows from the hit series FRIENDS is included on this release, making it is a great way to watch the laughter, tears, marriage, divorce, birth, death, and other themes of the show as it unfolds. Like all good things, the adventures of Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc), Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry), and Ross Geller (David Schwimmer) sadly came to an end with season 10 of the show, but these episodes stand as a fine testament to a timeless comedy classic that considerably brightened up the television schedules during its 10-year run.
3 of 8 people found this review helpful.
FRIENDS series is Worth Every Penny
I have watched Friends series several times as it was my favorite when it comes to TV Shows. 5/5 should be given to the cast Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc), Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry), and Ross Geller (David Schwimmer) as well as to the Friends crew.
To be frank, purchasing FRIENDS series is worth every penny.
Not exactly as described, but good enough
After seeing all the horror stories on bootlegged and pirated versions, I was very apprehensive when I got my set. Although I do think it could be illegal, I'm happy enough. The quality isn't top notch, but not too bad to be bothersome. All the DVDs act like legal ones I bought years ago at a store. The subtitles seem to work fine, and the episodes don't seem to skip. I counted all of them, and they're all there.
What makes me think they could be illegal is the fact that the box is like others have described - the pictures on the front and back seem to be low-quality stickers, and the dots between FRIENDS are not in color [they're white]. The FRIENDS also isn't engraved. In addition, the grammar on the back is pretty bad. Here's what it says:
"All the laughs, all the loves, all the lattes - all yours! Settle in with the hilarious and acclaimed series about. a Family based on friendship. Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross were always there For each other. Now they're here For you in this completes series set."
"Complete 10 Seasons
District 1 Lengthened
Enclosed 1 DVD(Friends End);
2 Original Voice CDs.
Limited Package Style
Of District 1.
The Cutest Edition."
As I watch more, I'll try to update my review.
Overall the series is incredible, but it's unfortunate how many people have gotten pirated copies that don't work.
Edit: My previews work (when I click the coffee button on the episode menu), but some DVDs have weird language subtitle options (like Chinese and either Korean or Japanese), and I know that's not right. Also my special features seem to work. The print on the actual DVD is sort of fuzzy and doesn't clearly say what region it's from (should be Region 1). I'll add more later.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
this product is obviously pirated
I bought the "Friends - Complete Series Collection (DVD, 2006, 40-Disc Set; Digipak; Back to Back) off e-bay and am VERY disappointed!!! I don't believe the people who put out a quality product like the "Friends" television series would approve of this product. I'm comparing this to the individual season DVD collections I've purchased. I think someone copied the individual Friends season disks onto other disks and re-marketed them. I hope whoever did this goes to jail!!! I expected a quality product with the "Friends" name on it.
1. The picture quality is barely DVD quality. It looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.
2. On ~25% of the disks, I had to clean the back of them because my DVD player had trouble reading them. No, it's not my DVD player, because I cleaned in over Christmas and none of my other DVD's have problems.
3. The on-screen subtitles do not work correctly half the time. It is a JOKE that you select English subtitles and the French subtitles appear. I actually have to chose the Spanish subtitles inorder for the English subtitles to work. It happened on about half the disks!!!
4. When you go to run the disk, it automatically goes to the first show...you have to manually push the menu button to go to the main menu.
5. On the episode listing on each disk, there is an option of showing a summary of the episode. This option is not available on all disks.
6. The disks are "protected" by a thin film of plastic....kinda like plastic wrap but not as thick. I expected the same quality storage containers as the purchasing the individual seasons provided me. I don't think these disks will last long.
30 of 33 people found this review helpful.
Love it! Buy it!
I bought the complete season and I love it! This is such a great series, who can resist all the laughs and good times? I recommend this to anyone who loves the TV show FRIENDS and for those who cannot get enough of Monica, Ross, Rachel, Joey, Chandler and Phoebe! The last disc (#40) has outtakes from the show and each disc has some commentary from the writers. I highly recommend this to those who have never seen the show, you will absolutely love it! I know some people wrote bad reviews but they were reviewing the seller, not the product, so be careful when buying ( I bought mine from Ebay and it was great!) Don't miss an opportunity to own a piece of American pop culture!
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.