I LOVE LUCY 3RD SEASON
Over 50 years ago during the early years of broadcast television, the very inspired talents of Lucille Ball (1911-1989) and her then husband Desi Arnaz (1917-1986) were showcased on their hilarious television show "I Love Lucy". TV execs had initially rejected the plausibility of the show because of Desi and because they intended to tape the shows. However, thanks to the tireless efforts of Lucille Ball and Desi's obvious talents, the show first aired in 1951 and quickly became one of the most successful TV shows during all six of its regular seasons. As Lucy and Ricky Ricardo on "I Love Lucy", Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were joined by William Frawley (1877-1966) and Viviane Vance (1909-1979) as their best-friends/apartment landlords of Fred and Ethel Mertz.
The third season of "I Love Lucy" that aired between 1953 and 1954 has 31 memorable episodes:
1. "Ricky's 'Life' Story": Not happy about being ignored in Ricky's magazine interview, Lucy gets back at Ricky.
2. "The Girls Go Into Business": Lucy & Ethel purchase a dress shop, but things don't turn out as profitably as they had imagined.
3. "Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress": Getting a rare opportunity to perform on TV for their women's club, Lucy & Ethel purchase the same dress.
4. "Equal Rights": When Lucy & Ethel demand equal rights from Ricky & Fred, the men only think that they are getting back at them at a restaurant.
5. "Baby Pictures": Lucy's jealousy over Carolyn Appleby's (Doris Singleton) baby as compared with Little Ricky is not advantageous to Ricky's upcoming appearance on a TV show hosted by Carolyn's husband.
6. "Lucy Tells the Truth": Lucy bets Ricky that she can tell the truth for 24 hours and drives everyone crazy.
7. "The French Revue": Ricky bets Lucy $50 that she won't be able to sneak into his new French review club act.
8. "Redecorating the Mertzes' Apartment": Lucy helps Ethel & Fred redecorate their apartment, including new paint and new upholstery with obvious results.
9. "Too Many Crooks": Ricky thinks Lucy is the notorious "Madame X" that has been robbing nearby apartments; she's really been collecting objects for a club bazaar.
10. "Changing the Boys' Wardrobe": Disgusted by Ricky & Fred's aging wardrobe, Lucy & Ethel sell their husband's old clothes to a second-hand man.
11. "Lucy Has Her Eyes Examined": A visit to an eye doctor doesn't help Lucy audition for a jitterbug number that she has practiced for.
12. "Ricky's Old Girlfriend": Lucy's worried about Ricky's reaction to a visit in NY by one of his old Cuban girlfriends: Carlotta Romero.
13. "The Million-Dollar Idea": Lucy & Ethel's TV commercial to sell Lucy's salad dressing ends up doing much better than expected.
14. "Ricky Minds the Baby": Ricky doesn't do as good a job as Lucy of taking care of Little Ricky.
15. "The Charm School": Lucy & Ethel go to charm school to keep Ricky & Fred interested in them.
16. "Sentimental Anniversary": Lucy & Ricky want to have a quiet wedding anniversary, but Fred & Ethel have other ideas.
17. "Fan Magazine Interview": Lucy & Ricky prepare for a fan magazine interview, but a quarrel between them could change the interview outcome.
18. "Oil Wells": The Ricardos' new neighbors want them to invest in oil wells.
19. "Ricky Loses His Temper": Lucy bets Ricky that he can't keep his temper and that she won't buy a
9 of 13 people found this review helpful.
"I Love Lucy boxes sets are always a great value!
Another great boxed set! My favorite is Lucy tells the truth, when lucy bets Ricky, Fred and Ethel that she can tell the truth for 24hrs and they laugh and don't think that she can do it. Well Lucy really wants to win the bet, so she has to tell all of her friends what she really thinks of them, including Carolyn Applebee. She almost wins until the end when she is auditioning for a part in a play, and she tells a little fib about speaking another language and has to have knives thrown at her from the guy because she couldn't understand what he was saying. She gets scared and runs to Ricky crying saying that she lied and she'll pay the money, but Ricky laughs it off and says that he will pay the money, and then she gets mad at Ricky for not stopping that guy from throwing knives at her because she could have got hurt. Ricky then explained to Lucy that it is a trick and that the knives come out from the back of the board and that she wasn't really in any kind of danger at all. They all laugh it off and it is a really good episode of "I Love Lucy," another favorite on my list. Anyway all of the boxed sets have really good clarity and they all come with added bonuses including "My Favorite Husband" the radio show, starring Lucille Ball and special deleted scenes, if you choose that from the main menu. The boxed sets are a great value and worth it just for the added bonuses but if you are a fan and love watching "I Love Lucy" over and over again then this is definetely a must for you.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
I Love Lucy DVD - Season three
It's I love Lucy - Lucy Ball at her comic best - Brillant writing and acting and cast. the perfect remedy for getting away from life's daily stressors. Lucy you were and remain the best.
Only one complaint about DVD set - not many extras - a bonus feature Lucy and Desi Documentry would have been nice.
It is a gotta have tv series for classic tv lovers
You won't regret it.
I Love Lucy Season 3
I don't believe that anyone can go wrong with "I Love Lucy". It's a classic show that has been around since the early 1950s. The main character is always coming up with crazy schemes to get what she wants. It's definitely a slap-stick comedy show that is fun for everyone.
Great family TV
I took the time to write out many reviews on the I Love Lucy shows because it is just great TV. I can no longer trust "Family Hour" on TV anymore. It is filled with so much crap that I can not alow my kids to watch Tv with out us supervising it first. That is why I love these old classic tv shows, and I Love Lucy is the best. Very funny and we just loe seeing how much trouble Lucy can get in to and out of and what she does to pull everyone else into the drama. I have all the I Love Lucy and plan on buying the other shows she has done.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.