|Record Label:||Warner Bros.|
|Genre:||Rock & Pop, Singer/Songwriter|
1. Through Your Hands - Don Henley
2. I Don't Care If You Love Me Anymore - The Mavericks
3. Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
4. Bright Side of the Road - Van Morrison
5. Heaven Is My Home - Randy Newman/Valerie Carter
6. Spider and the Fly, The - James Cotton/Kenny Wayne Shepherd - (featuring James Cotton)
7. Feels Like Home - Bonnie Raitt
8. What a Wonderful World - Willie Nelson
9. Love God (And Everyone Else) - Al Green
10. Sittin' by the Side of the Road - Andie MacDowell
11. Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum
|Playing Time:||38 min.|
|Contributing Artists:||James Cotton|
Producers include: Don Henley, Don Cook, Raul Malo, Jerry Wexler, Frank Wolf, David Z, Don Was, Chips Moman, Teresa James, Erik Jacobsen.Engineers include: Rob Jacobs, William Brown, David McNair.Personnel: Willie Nelson, Bonnie Raitt (vocals, guitar); Corey Sterling, Raul Malo, Aretha Franklin, Van Morrison (vocals); Frank Simes, Jack Holder, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Kevin Dukes (guitar); James Cotton (harmonica); Ernest Williamson (piano, organ); Reese Wynans (keyboards); Chris Layton, Steve Potts , Scott Crago (drums); Norman Greenbaum (percussion); Mindy Stein, Angelic Voices of Faith (background vocals).Audio Mixers: Dave McNair; Rob Jacobs; Tom Lord-Alge.Photographers: Zade Rosenthal; Sante d'Orazio.Unknown Contributor Roles: Jerry Wexler; Andie MacDowell; Nick Kane; Paul Deakin; Randy Newman; Robert Reynolds; Valerie Carter.The soundtrack to MICHAEL is sort of a followup to the phenomenally successful PHENOMENON soundtrack, which came out five months earlier. Both movies starred John Travolta as agents of God, and both soundtracks feature a mix of old and new "adult alternative" artists.John Hiatt, covered by Jewel on PHENOMENON, is represented once again, this time by Don Henley covering "Through Your Hands." Hiatt's friend Bonnie Raitt checks in with a cover of Randy Newman's "Feels Like Home," and Newman himself duets with Valerie Carter on "Heaven Is My Home." Instead of the Iguanas to represent the Southern youth movement, MICHAEL offers the Mavericks and Kenny Wayne Shepherd duetting with bluesman James Cotton on the Rolling Stones' "The Spider And The Fly." Any movie about spiritual matters wouldn't be complete without Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit In The Sky," and MICHAEL comes through there, too.
eBay Product ID: EPID3244162
Portions of this page Copyright 1948 - 2013 Muze Inc.
All rights reserved.