Chances are if you are looking at this, you might already know about Can-Am ATVs. But just in case you dont, Ill give the factory line first:
"The Can-Am Outlander 500 EFI XT-P is a utility style ATV with an MSRP of $9,799 and was new for 2010. Power is provided by a 4-stroke, 499.6cc, liquid cooled, SOHC, v twin engine with electric starter. The engine is paired with continuously variable (CVT) transmission and total fuel capacity is 4.3 gallons. The Outlander 500 EFI XT-P rides on aluminum wheels with Carlisle ACT 25 X 8-12 front tires and Carlisle ACT 25 X 11-12 rear tires. The front suspension is a mcpherson strut while the rear suspension is a independent. Front in-board dual disc brakes and rear hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power. The Outlander 500 EFI XT-P comes standard with a one-piece, 1-passenger seat."
That said, these beasts are amazing, if you haven't ridden one, I would suggest a ride on a Can-Am, back to back with a Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, etc.. I have no doubt you will end up on a Can Am. They are nimble, well balanced with an abundance of power and ideal for hard, off road 4x4 duty straight out of the box. They also have the ability and design to run straight out at 50+mph being as stable as the day is long.
This ATV was purchased new and we are the original owners. This ATV is my wife's toy and is in excellent shape. This ATV has been used intermittently over the past few years for transporting gear to camp, and has journeyed all over the high mountains of Colorado and Montana and the low deserts of California and Arizona. It has never left us in a pickle. All maintenance has been meticulously performed at Jorgensens Can-Am/Honda dealership in Richfield, Utah, who is an authorized BRP dealer and service center.
As with anytime a guy owns something, Ive put a bit of add-ons to this one. Ill list those and the reasoning below:
- Heated grips and throttle-2013 LED Unit-BRP Direct-$275.00 installed.
- Because sometimes its cold and nothing is quite as nice as warm hands and thumb while riding.
- HID Headlights-BRP with slim ballasts-$200.00 installed.
- I think that the 5000k, white color is preferable at night and helps with distance vision.
- 2013 Rims and tires-$650.00 plus $80.00 install and balance
- Granted, this was purely for cosmetics and really provides nothing over the stock sizing. I just liked the way it looked.
- BRP Sealed Cargo Box-$249.00
- I wanted a factory box that would keep the dust off my stuff, this is a rigid box with a waterproof seal and a top load. Works great and is solid.
- HD Coilover (Shocks/Springs)-$700.00 plus $400 installation
- These show a Landrum brand, but they were purchased from Fox. These significantly increase the load that can be put on the front of the ATV and have it still be usable. If you have ever had to carry something heavy on the front of your ATV, be it a Deer, Cooler, or whatever, you know how squirrely any ATV can get with the load. These give the ability to carry roughly 200lbs as is with no discernible performance impact. These were expensive, $700 in parts and another $400 for install.
- BRP Armor plates-$600.00 plus $300.00 installation
- These are great as a "Just in case", its way cheaper to replace plates than to replace damaged components. When I ordered these the front two plates were out of stock. So it covers everything except for the front two A-Arms which have the factory plastic plates.
- Rear Fender Protector bars-$140.00 plus $110 installation
- I got these off eBay years ago and they are AWESOME. Easy installation but extremely stout and usable.
- Garmin GPS Power Mount-$69 plus $110 installation
- Later models of Outlanders had the option for a GPS add on. The add-on was a Garmin Montana unit. To get my GPS fix I had the Garmin mount hardwired and attached. Works perfectly, charges the GPS and allows for easy visibility of the touch screen. The Montana GPS is not included with this sale.
- Synthetic Winch Line-$80 plus $110 installation
- I just hate working with cable winch lines. They stab, pinch and are just a pain. Synthetic lines eliminate all of those issues, and are just as strong as cable if not more. Plus no more worries of a snapping line cutting the ATV in half.
As noted above, all maintenance is current and up to date. The ODO shows just over 3900 and 323 hours on the motor. There are NO problems of any sort with the ATV. Everything is working at factory spec or better. These ATVs have a ton of power, and the 500 HO is really equivalent to a 650 or so in a Honda or Yamaha.
Full power steering that can be changed from a "Minimum Assist" to "Maximum Assist". I laughed at the salesman when he told me about the powersteering. Now that I've had it, Ill never go back, riding without PS is not even close to the same. More control, better ride, the list goes on.
Tires have been "slimed" and have no patches, no leaks.
All of the brush guards, nerf bars, etc.. are solid with no cracks or breaks. All of the plastic is in great shape and still shines up nicely. Some scuffs and such as should be expected on an ATV that actually gets used.
There is a small crack on the left side front fender in the plastic (see pics). Im not exactly sure where this happened, but it appears to have been flexed from the side. The dealer said there was no need to replace as there was no structural issues. A new front fender is cheap, $300 or so, $750 to have the dealership install it. So the crack is as it sits. Its not spreading or moving at all, I just want the buyer to be aware of it.
Otherwise, everything is what you would expect of an exceptional condition 2010 Can-Am ATV. Im not expecting to get all my money back on this, but Im also not expecting to give it away. NADA book shows these at $5000.00 low book, and $6500.00 retail. Add ons are not noted, as expected.
The only reason we are selling these ATVs (please see our 2011 in other ad) is because we just purchased some brand new 2013 Outlander 650XTs. At a cost of about 13k each, anything that can offset that is a benefit!
Any questions, please ask before bidding.
Payment to be made via credit card or check for these ATVs. PayPal for DEPOSIT ONLY. Title is clear and ready for transfer. We can assist with shipping in the way of transporting it within 50 miles of SLC. There are quite a few shippers that can do these ATVs but this is at the buyers cost and set up.
Payment due within 3 days of auction closing. Please make arrangements for pick up or shipping within 14 days of auction end.