Fit for life
|PURCHASE MOST ITEMS IN MY ONLINE STORE AND SHIPPING IS ONLY $2.00 MORE PER ITEM.
"It is not only what you eat that makes the difference, but also of extreme
importance is when you eat it and in what combination," say Harvey and Marilyn
Diamond, authors of this classic bestseller. Their program results in eating
balanced, nutritious, high-fiber foods, making dieting "unnecessary and as
obsolete as sealing wax."
The Diamonds explain that body functions have a daily cycle: noon to 8 p.m.--
appropriation (eating and digestion); 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.--assimilation (absorption
and use); 4 a.m. to noon--elimination (of body wastes and food debris). Fit
for Life aims to return you to a lifestyle based on your natural body
cycles. That means 70 percent of your diet should be "high-water-content
foods"--fruits and vegetables--which facilitate all body functions. Consume
nothing but fruit or fruit juice until noon, then eat salad and vegetables with
every meal for the rest of the day.
Two-thirds of the book is explanation and discussion; one-third is menu plans
and recipes. You won't be hungry, your food choices will be healthy, and you'll
lose weight without dieting.
Nutrition specialists Harvey and Marilyn Diamond prove that
it's not only what we eat, but also when and how that keep us trim and healthy.
America's #1 health and diet book.
Used Condition some water marks on inside front and back cover as well as first couple of front and back pages which are blank pages.tears around perimeter of dust jacket . otherwise good condition
Date Published: 1985
AUTHOR :harvey and marilyn diamond
Within our descriptions, we identify the condition of the book first and, if applicable, the dust jacket second. Thus, "F/VG" means that the book itself is Fine and the dj is Very Good. Anything less than VG will be described in more detail for collectible books, while lower-priced books may not warrant a great deal of condition detail in their description.
“Remainder” indicates that the book was returned to its publisher by a new bookstore and is now being sold in a secondary market such as Second Story Books. Publishers mark remainders in a variety of ways and we describe the clipped dj, magic marker dot or line on the textblock or any other “branding” of a remaindered book
“Dampstaining” is mildew residue or what it has left behind. "Water Marking" is actual water spotting or other damage caused by liquid.
In modern usage, octavo refers to a standard sized book, like most novels, approximately 6-8 inches high and 5-6 inches wide. A larger book, between 8-10 or so inches in height or width, is a quarto, while an even larger book is called a folio or elephant folio. Most "coffee table books" are folios. A 12mo is smaller than an octavo and a 16mo is even smaller. Miniature books are usually around 1" x 2".
- Fine (or mint): In “As New” condition, barely or never opened, often still in plastic shrinkwrap.
- NF: Only different from Fine in that it has probably been opened, but the dj has no stains, chips or wrinkles and the book itself is pristine.
- VG+: Some light wear, usually around edges, or what is called "shelfwear" with minor imperfections in the edges. Panels are free of stains or stains are minor, spine may be slightly faded.
- VG: Has some or all of the following: chips, abrasions, especially corners and spine ends, some staining, spine may be seriously faded, but no major flaws. Minor water marking or dampstaining, minor chips or tears in dj
- Good: Has some or all of the following: heavily water stained or dampstained, faded spine, abraded corners and unusual wear to the book. Joints and hinges may be shaky as well. At least one serious chip or missing part. Wrinkled closed tears, chipping at the corners of a more than minor nature, long closed tears across either panel, water stains or dampstaining.
- Fair: Boards detached but present, reading copy only. Major portions of dj are missing but the dj is still intact and all parts are present and hanging together.
- Poor: Book and dj, if present, are severely compromised. Textblock may have parts missing and pages underlined or annotated.
All orders shipped to Canadian addresses will be charged GST or HST Ontario residents pay PST and GST Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavet, British Columbia, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta pay GST New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland pays HST NO taxes are charged to orders sent outside of Canada.
CANADIAN BUYERS: YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR ORDER WITHIN 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS (NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS). UNITED STATES BUYERS: DELIVERY WILL TAKE 5 TO 10 BUSINESS DAYS TO ARRIVE (NOT INCLUDING WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS). INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: DELIVERY WILL TAKE 2-4 WEEKS TO ARRIVE. SOMETIMES IT WILL BE QUICKER THAN ESTIMATED AND SOMETIMES IT WILL BE SLOWER THAN ESTIMATED. THESE GUIDELINES ARE TAKEN FROM CANADA POST SHIPPING STANDARDS.All orders shipped to Canadian addresses will be charged GST/HST (at applicable rate as of date of purchase).
ITEMS BEING SENT TO NUNAVUT, NORTHWEST TERRITORIES, AND YUKON WILL BE CHARGED HIGHER SHIPPING RATES. PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR RATES.