G100-6K Cup Gun comes complete with FN6 nozzle, plastic cup, nozzle brush, paper cup, cup liner & instructions. This gun is ready to use right out of the box. Use with standard air compressor @ 60-100 psi.
This spray gun will provide years of reliable quality spraying with very little maintenance. This is a very affordable sprayer for anyone including the seasoned pro or just someone starting out or doing small applications. This Spray Gun is also known as a Dump Gun depending on who you talk to. We always have them in stock so shipping will be the same day if we get the order in the morning. This professional grade sprayer is a must for every fiberglass, composite and cultured marble shop.
This gun is used for spraying not only gelcoat and resins, but other materials such as parting films, spray gypsum, tooling gelcoats, sandable primers, granite enhanced gelcoats, adhesives and paints. With our largest nozzle, it will even sand blast. (Optional Nozzles are sold separately.) This guns easy to clean design means clean up times less than five minutes. Wipe the lid and nozzle, through away the cup, and you're ready to go again. If you have questions call 440-992-2331. Comes with a full manufacturer's warranty. Item: G100-6K
MODEL 100 SPRAY GUN
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
Your Model 100 spray gun is quick and easy to use, and equally important, quick and easy to clean. It will spray a wide variety of materials including gelcoats, resins, parting films and it will sand blast with the proper spray tip. Your gun comes with one Heavy Duty reusable Plastic cup which will withstand acetone and keytones, and a 32oz Paper Cup. When an inexpensive supply of paper cups is a vailable, most fabricators prefer the time savings an expendable paper cup gives. The model 100 also comes with a Nozzle Cleaning Brush (G300-FN-BRUSH), Cast Aluminum Lid (G300-010-3), and a 3/16" (4.8MM) (G300-FN6) nozzle. This is a general purpose nozzle and other sizes may be purchased for better results with your particular applications.
1. Never put oils or jellies on "o" ring seals. This will cause extreme swelling and damage to these specially formulated seals. Acetone will cause slight swelling, and will require some "o" rings to be replaced occasionally.
2. Fill paper (G300-01132) or plastic cup (G300-011HD) with the material to be sprayed. (The disposable 32 OZ paper cup makes an ideal liner to the plastic cup, and reduces clean up time. Also try the G300-011-BAG plastic cup liners.)
3. Catalyze material to suppliers specification. (A small M.E.K. Dispenser is helpful in this step.)
4. Secure cup on to cast lid (G300-010-3) while cup is upright. Slide fluid nozzle (FN) into air nozzle (G300-004) and attach pull ring (G300-013) to the lip in the cup.
5. When material is not being sprayed, point cup up or material will drip out of your fluid nozzle.
6. Depress trigger valve (G300-001) all the way until upper "o" ring (G300-003A) seats, and open flow control (G300-014) to achieve desired spray volume. (About 2 turns is fully open)
7. When finished spraying, release trigger and raise gun to vertical position. Refill follow instructions 2 through 6 again.
Model 100 Gun Air Requirements 60 to 100 psi Best results (5 Hp at 8cfm @ 80psi)
Suggestions for Other Applications
1. By using a 9/32" (7.1 MM) nozzle you can blast with a light dry sand.
2. With a 7/32" (5.5 MM) or 1/4" (6.2 MM) nozzle, gel coats with metal flake additive can be sprayed to achieve a similar appearance to that used on bass boats.
3. The 1/32" (0.8 MM) or 1/16" (1.6MM) can be used to spray light viscosity materials such as parting film . By spraying a light coat of wax over your hand buffed mold, it will increase the number of parts between hand waxing of your mold.
4. Many experienced sprayers purchase several different nozzles tips for changing material and atmospheric conditions. By purchasing and experimenting with several nozzle tips, the quality of your parts will greatly improve.
5. To remove lid, (G300-010) from empty plastic cup (G300-011HD), insert compressed air into nozzle tip.
General nozzle suggestions. We have all the nozzles in stock
PARTING FILMS: Nozzles FN1 or FN2
PAINTS: Nozzle FN3
RESINS: Nozzles FN4 or FN5
GELCOATS: Nozzle FN6
GELCOATS W/FLAKE: FN7 or FN8
G300-FN-1 1/32" (0.8MM)
G300-FN-2 1/16" (1.6MM
G300-FN-3 3/32" (2.4MM)
G300-FN-4 1/8" (3.1MM)
G300-FN-5 5/32" (3.9MM)
G300-FN-6 3/16" (4.7MM)
G300-FN-7 7/32" (5.5MM)
G300-FN-8 1/4" (6.2MM)
G300-FN-9 9/32" (7.1MM)