Eye on eBay
Heartland – Set Visit
Life brings change. Love brings you home.
Set against the stunning vistas of the Alberta Rocky Mountains, Heartland is a sprawling family drama that follows sisters Amy and Lou Fleming and their grandfather, Jack, through the highs and lows of life on a horse ranch.
Heartland continues to be a multi-generational saga about a family getting through life together in both happy and trying times. The series tells real stories about real people, people who the audience has grown to love and welcome into their homes. It takes a realistic, edgy and humorous approach to its stories with a balance of drama and comedy, adventure and romance, all against the glorious backdrop and stunning vistas of the foothills of Alberta.
Amber Marshall, Michelle Morgan, Graham Wardle, Shaun Johnston, Nathanial Arcand, & Chris Potter
Testimonial from 2011 Heartland Set-Visit Winner
"Our vacations in Alberta were already scheduled and reserved, when we had the chance to win the auction CNIB for the Heartland set visit.
(The day we arrived) Heartland was not filming at the ranch, but Gordon, the publicist of Heartland, who would be our guide all day, thought we would like to see the ranch before going to where filming is taking place. We met Gordon at the gate of ranch. What a beautiful location of the Heartland set ranch, rounded of green meadows with the Rockies in the background. We walked down the road to the barn, and so we could appreciate what a quiet place it is, even more beautiful in real as on the TV. There was nothing on the horizon to spoil the view, the grass was cut and wrapped in bundles of hay, and there were even two horses on the meadow.
Heartland was filming at a racetrack today, so we took the car and drove to the racetrack. When we arrived, Gordon shows us the “circus”. The circus is all the trailers used by the production to bring all that is required for the filming, and the actor’s dressing rooms. This circus is moving from set to set, according to the film locations. It was an awesome day, we all enjoyed it and we will remember this day a long time. In addition to meeting the actors and to visit the set, we learned so much about filming a TV show.
Once again, we would like to give our thanks to Heartland, the cast and crew for their kindness and hospitality. Good luck to continue the great job, hoping still many episodes and seasons of Heartland (and now, very happy that there is a season 6)." Francis and family (2011 bid winner from France).
Gift Certificate Details: This Set Visit is an opportunity for a family of four to visit the set of one of the world's most popular family dramas on television. During your tour - which may be at the Heartland Ranch or the interior sets (depending on the agreed to day) you will have the opportunity to meet and have photos taken with the cast on site, watch filming for the day and enjoy lunch with the cast and crew. This package also includes a complete DVD collection of Seasons 1 through 4 of the series, as well as the "A Heartland Christmas" special, along with a full size poster, autographed by the cast.
Location: Calgary, AB
Restrictions: Available date will be agreed upon by production company.
Expiry Date: The visit must be arranged and taken during the production of the 6th season of Heartland, which will conclude in November, 2012
This item was generously donated by: Heartland
Terms of Auction
· We only accept PayPal payments.
· Payments must be received within 4 business days of purchase. If payment is not received, the item may be re-listed.
· All items are available for pick-up at the CNIB service centre in Calgary. Monday to Friday – 8:30am – 4:30pm. Contact seller to make an appointment.
· Items will be shipped within 4 business days of receiving payment.
· Estimated delivery 7 business days within Canada, 14 business days to the US.
· For items valued over $100, insurance and tracking will be added to shipping costs.
· Please email seller all questions prior to bidding.
Thank you for supporting CNIB!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've won the auction! What happens next?
You will receive an email from eBay with the total amount owing and payment instructions. You will need to make payment as eBay doesn't automatically charge you for your winning auction; payment is done separately between you and us.
Q. What methods of payment do you accept?
We only accept PayPal payments, and we must receive payment prior to shipping the item, or the item being picked up.
Q. I've won the auction, how long do I have to make payment?
When the auction ends, we request that you make payment within 3 business days.
Q. Can I pick-up my item rather than having it shipped?
Yes, we are happy to offer free pick-up in Calgary at the CNIB Service Centre.
15 Colonel Baker Place NE
Pick-up hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm - by appointment only. Use the contact seller link to arrange a day and time.
Q. If I buy more than one item, will you combine shipping to save me some money?
Yes, we are happy to combine items for shipping whenever possible to save you money on shipping. Combined shipping will depend on the packaging and shipping needs of your items (some items must be packaged and shipped separately because of their size, weight, or because they are fragile). The combined shipping fee/cost will be determined by: the size and weight of the package, the destination, and the cost of total insurance on the package.
Q. Are there any extra costs?
The cost of the item is your high-bid amount + shipping.
Q. Is there sales tax on my purchase?
No, as this is a charity auction and all items were donated to the charity, there is no sales tax on your purchase.
Q. I see the money is going to charity - is this purchase tax deductible?
CNIB will not be issuing a tax receipt as you are buying an item rather than making a donation. Please contact your personal tax advisor for more information on this issue.
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimers
Please review the following Disclaimers and Terms & Conditions of this auction. Your participation by placing a bid in this auction constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these details, disclaimers, and terms & conditions.
- If for any reason there is a problem with your item, you must contact CNIB in writing via email through the eBay system within 30 days from the end of the auction to state the situation/claim. Beyond 30 days from the end of auction, all sales are 100% final and a full or partial refund cannot be issued.
- 100% of net proceeds from the sale of the auction item(s) support CNIB.
- All items are sold as is and where is. This auction does not include any items or services that are not detailed in the item description.
- The winning bidder agrees to pay their winning bid within three (3) business days of the close of the auction. The seller reserves the right to void or cancel the winning bidder and offer the auction item to the next highest bidder or relist the item if payment is not received during the time specified.
- By placing a bid on this auction you indemnify, hold harmless and release CNIB, Auctionjam Inc, the auction donors and sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and their officers, directors, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of, resulting from or in any way connected with the auction item. Furthermore you fully release all parties associated with conducting this auction from any claim for personal injury, property damage, any loss and all costs sustained or incurred as a result of the use of the auction item or experience.
- It is the buyer's responsibility to preview the item(s) and determine its condition, originality and content. While descriptions are believed to be accurate, neither CNIB, Auctionjam Inc, the auction donors and sponsors, or their employees, agents or contractors provide any warranties or guarantees express or implied, as to the genuineness, authenticity or accuracy of condition, or defect, if any, of the item(s) to be auctioned and will not be held liable or responsible for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action in contract or tort, arising out of the purchase or use of any item (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), or any discrepancies or inaccuracies in item descriptions provided. CNIB, Auctionjam Inc, nor any donor or auction sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, their respective employees, agents, affiliates and representatives may not be held liable for (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or fraudulent bids or pre-qualification registrations, (ii) failure to receive bids or pre-qualification registrations due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient, (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this auction and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers", or (iv) any personal injury, property damage, or other loss or costs sustained or incurred by the buyer or any other person, resulting from the use of the auction item(s).
- AuctionJAM Inc, the auction management company, is merely performing an auction service on behalf of the selling party and as such is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for any warranties or guarantees either explicit or implied herein. At no time has AuctionJAM Inc taken ownership and/or title of any auction item.