Little Dot MK III Headphone Amplifier / Pre-Amplifier
The All-New Little Dot MK III succeeds our Little Dot II++ by improving upon it in every possible way. Boasting the highest stability and sound quality yet, the sound-stage realism and imaging precision have improved dramatically over our previous amplifiers, and even at high volumes the Little Dot MK III delivers a smooth, non-fatiguing sound with no hint of dynamic compression or imaging fuzz. Of course the liquid warm mid-range tube lovers expect is here in spades, balancing right in with a dynamic low-end and a sweet, airy treble. Tracking precision with low distortion is provided by an ALPS-16 potentiometer, and Rubycon, German WIMA and ERO capacitors ensure the internal circuitry is built with quality in mind.
The Little Dot MK III also adds in user-tweaking options such as two gain switches to delivery maximum compatibility with all your headphones, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. Also available for the very first time in a Little Dot amplifier, is an internal jumper to allow use with a wider range of driver tube-rolling, including the EF92, CV131, WE403A/B, 5654, M8100, CV4010, EF95, 6JI as well as all equivalents to these vacuum tubes!
See what people are saying about the Little Dot MKIII:
Stereophile May 2010 Edition (Sam's Space)
Little Dot MK III Review @ Compudio
Little Dot MK III Review @ Head-Fi
- SEPP (Singled-ended Push Pull) OTL in Class-A
- Frequency response: 12 hz~100 Khz (-1dB)
- THD+N: 0.15% (80 mW @300 ohm)
- Power Output:
- 350 mW @ 300/600 ohm
- 300 mW @ 120 ohm
- 100 mW @ 32 ohm
- Power Consumption: 30W (228V x 0.130A)
- Variable Gain: 3,4,5, or 10x
- Recommended Load Impedance: 32 ohm~600 ohm
- Input Impedance: 50K ohms
- Pre-Amplifier Output Impedance: 600 ohm
- Pre-Amplifier Gain: 3-10x (also controlled via gain switches)
- Pre-Amplifier Voltage: 10V RMS
- Pre-Amplification circuit includes both driver and power tubes
- Driver Tubes: 2x 5654
- Power Tubes: 2x Soviet 6H6n (6H6PI)
- High quality aluminum chassis
- Dimensions (Metric): 270mm deep by 175mm wide by 123mm high
- Dimensions (English): 10.6 inches deep by 6.9 inches wide by 4.8 inches
- Weight: 3 Kg or 6.6 lbs
- 1 Year Little Dot Warranty
Power Cord Note: Little Dot amplifiers ships with a standard Type-B power cord (American 3-pin or U-ground) suitable for use in areas such as North America, Japan, Taiwan, etc. If your country's outlets use other power cord types (ex. Schuko) you will need a power cord of your own plug type. You likely have several spares around your home, as any standard power cord (like your computer's power cord) will work perfectly fine. We do apologize for any inconvenience!
At the time of purchase, please indicate the following information in your EBAY checkout notes section, PayPal payment notes section, or in a separate email/EBAY message:
- Contact telephone number for shipping purposes
- Your country's voltage specs: 110V (USA, Canada, etc), 220V (Europe, Asia, etc), or 240V (Australia)
Please monitor your PayPal email address for all correspondence, updates, and tracking information regarding your Little Dot order!
International Buyers Please Note:
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
- Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
Please keep in mind that shipping fees are always at-cost, with no markup or profit margin. Please do keep this mind when leaving feedback as while it may be higher than you'd like, this item is a sizable item and is being shipped internationally.
Common locations and associated shipping fees:
- USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, and most of SE Asia: $49
- UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Austria: $55
- Czech Republic, Poland, most of Eastern Europe, and Russia please inquire to confirm shipping before purchase!
- Please inquire for other destinations!
EMS shipping charts and prices can be found here. If you would like to confirm for yourself, visit www.usps.gov (or your country's equivalent) and estimate shipping a package of similar weight from your location to China. In nearly all cases, the shipping quote will be equal to or even higher than what we require for shipping fees.
Total shipping weight is ~8 lbs via an international express service. Shipping via EMS Express generally takes 4-10 business days to any location in the world.
Warranty and Support:
Are you intrigued by our Little Dot amplifiers but worry about the process if, Heaven forbid, something were to go wrong? Rest assured, our Little Dot products are backed by arguably the best, and most customer-friendly warranty policy in the business for your peace of mind! Please do note however that our warranty and support only applies to Little Dot amplifiers sold through direct sales (i.e. this eBay listing) or our Authorized resellers. We cannot provide any warranty or support for Little Dots acquired through unauthorized or gray market sellers (i.e. other sellers).
- If on the chance a functional problem arises within the first 3 months (we've found that if issues occur, the vast majority crop up within the first month or two) of your warranty period and you send it back to us for repair, we will reimburse you the full return shipping amount once we receive it so there is absolutely no out-of-pocket cost to you!
- From 3 months until the end of your warranty period, if a functional problem arises we will reimburse you for half of the return shipping cost once we receive it.
- From warranty expiration to as long as you own your Little Dot, repair/labor/parts are always free - the only thing you are responsible for is shipping costs.
- Vacuum tubes are not covered under warranty as they are a consumable item, however if there are functional issues with a tube, we can provide a free replacement(s) for just the cost of shipping.
As you can see, we stand behind our products and are fully committed to providing the best ownership experience we can provide. Again, our warranty only applies to Little Dots sold through direct or authorized resellers as otherwise we cannot guarantee the initial quality and A-stock, new status of Little Dots sold through unauthorized or gray market sellers.
For more information on our products, please visit us at our forum:
Little Dot Official Forum
Note: Photos are for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to the product description for the most explicit and up-to-date specifications, components, parts, tubes, accessories, etc.