- Zipper closure
- Snap storm flap over front zipper
- Ribbed cuffs and hem
- Dual entry pockets
- Interior pocket
- 100% leather
Material: a very soft, evenly-dyed glove leather (goatskin). Perfect for casual to "dressy" wear in spring, summer, and fall. Too soft for construction sites (unless you're the boss and don't plan on rubbing up against a nail). Collar and flap-pocket snaps are black-anodized (I bought the jacket in black). Vent grommets are brass. Zipper is YKK metal - not plastic - and very smooth. Woven cuffs and waistband are the soft kind and tend to fuzz a little. Lining is uninsulated khaki material with American flag stencil and nylon sleeve linings. Nice leather-backed "Air Force" label.
Fit: Perfect for my size (L) and the 1940's fighter-pilot "blousing" around the waist is exactly right as is the lay of the snap collar and the curve of the epaulets. A whole bunch more comfortable than my old, heavy, $300 one. More authentic too!
Construction: Seems to be CAD-designed and made. Obviously modeled from an excellent original . . . maybe an Eastman. Extremely straight seams with turned edges. Evenly stitched everywhere. Feels like double-layer leather throughout, but not heavy at about 4 pounds. The back is three-piece leather rather than one-piece . . . a detail disliked by pilots for reasons of comfort on long flights in steel seats. Not important to me and even the L.L. Bean "Flying Tiger" version is three-piece at $289 or so.
First off, let me say that I've owned several Military Issue A-2 Bomber Jackets, so I have a pretty good idea of how this compares the original. The color is very close, if not, slightly darker than some of the originals out there (Avirex, Cooper, etc..). The best way to describe it is that it's 'chocolate' in color. Pretty dark, but nice. The sewing is tight and the leather seems to be nice quality as well. I have no idea what others were saying about the leather being thin. This is not thin for an A-2 Jacket, and actually thicker than the first original horsehide A-2 that I owned.
If you look at old photos of WWII Pilots wearing the A-2's, you'll see that they're worn fairly tight around the chest and shoulders. But...you can look pretty dorky wearing one of these too tight now a days. In any case, this jacket is pretty generous in the 'width' department, so no need to worry unless you're a clydesdale.
ORDER MAY TAKE 4-7 DAYS BEFORE SHIPPING TO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS.
This message is to buyers that have concerns about shipping charges.
- All my listing have the shipping charges available to view before purchasing.
- Please do not purchase any items that you feel the shipping is not reasonable.
- When you agree to purchase an item and then list high shipping cost in your Buyer review as a complaint it hurts the Seller on Ebay in our performance evaluation.
- We are rated by our performances. Please read my reviews.
- I am very open and honest in my quest to sell on ebay. As a seller on Ebay.
- I try to be fair and honest in pricing and shipping. Shipping chargers by all carriers have become very expensive.
- I am posting this message on all my listing in order to make sure I have addressed all concerns before you purchase.
- If you have any questions or concerns please don't Hesitate to email. I rarely sleep. I answer promptly.