MicroTim Precision Digital Altimeter.
This is the altimeter long respected for its remarkable resolution, accuracy, durability and economy.
Primarily used for light aviation purposes, ultralight pilots have trusted the MicroTim line of altimeters since 2002. Due to the remarkable sensitivity of these devices they are also used with great success in:
* Measuring the heights of towers, hilltops, trees, and tall structures.
* Evaluating contours such as golf courses and landfills.
* Measuring water head levels for installing appropriately powered water pumps.
* In vehicles such as cars and RVs for monitoring with great accuracy changes in elevation during travel.
* Anywhere where stand-alone (i.e. no external power), long battery life, and accurate elevations are required.
Why use a MicroTim altimeter instead of a wristwatch altimeter?
* No wristwatch altimeter has the resolution of a MicroTim. Lift your wristwatch up over your head, then down to your side. No change. MicroTim will register a change in altitude when you simply pick it up off of the floor. Also, no wristwatch altimeters are individually calibrated.
* MicroTim altimeters, unlike wristwatches, have a large display for ease of reading. Each digit is 3/8" high.
* Wristwatch altimeters are not adustable for variations in barometric pressure and are susceptible to changes in atmospheric pressure due to weather changes. MicroTim altimeter are barometric pressure (i.e. Kollsman window setting) adjustable to compensate for barometric pressure changes like any standard aircraft altimeter.
Why use a MicroTim altimeter instead of a GPS?
* GPS is notoriously bad for measuring elevations. Typical consumer-level devices will possess errors ranging from dozens to hundreds of feet. A surveying GPS altimeter will STILL not acheive the accuracy of a MicroTim and would cost thousands of dollars.
* MicroTim, in addition to reading elevations from sealevel, can be set to read RELATIVE changes in elevation, accurate to a couple of feet. They can be zeroed at one location, and will then measure +/- changes from that reference location. For example, zero the MicroTim at the base, then walk up the hill and determine its height very accurately. Or zero the MicroTim at the TOP of the hill and walk DOWN for the same result.
Why use a MicroTim altimeter instead of an analog altimeter?
* MicroTim is DURABLE. It is encapsulated in resin and heavily vibration resistant.
* Accurate analog altimeters are expensive, heavy, large and delicate. MicroTim altimeters are inexpensive, light, small, and durable.
MicroTim altimeters are NOT slow-update small-readout devices such as in typical gps units and wristwatch altimeters. Some of the major features include:
* ULTRA LOW POWER. Will last for MONTHS on a single 'AAA' penlight battery!
* High sensitivity. Registers changes in altitude of 2 feet or less.
* Individually calibrated from -2000 below sealevel to +20000 feet above sealevel.
* One foot resolution, barometric-pressure and field-elevation adustable.
* Highly configurable. Can be set up to display:
- AGL(relative altitude)
- MSL(altitude above sealevel)
- BOTH AGL/MSL alternately every 2 seconds
- PEAK RECORDING (MAX/MIN altitudes since last zeroing)
-ABSOLUTE AIR PRESSURE
- BAROMETRIC PRESSURE
* Selectable display units. Feet/inHg (default) or meter/kPa or feet/mbar(hPa).
* Can be configured to act solely as a high-precision BAROMETER.
* Can be configured to act solely as a high precision VSI (Vertical Speed Indicator).
* Can be configured to act solely as a high precision Vertical Accumulator (total vertical feet).
* Excellent ultralight altimeter or backup unit. Very popular with pilots because of MicroTim's light weight, small size and vibration resistance.
* Small footprint (3"x1.5"x3/4") with large easy-to-read numbers (3/8" high numbers). Moves easily from truck to pocket to ultralight.
* Very durable (resin encapsulated internals), resists shock, vibration, and moisture.
* Contains the newest firmware version, 4.0 which debuted PEAK RECORDING and ABSOLUTE AIR PRESSURE modes.
* EASY TO USE right out of the box. The 3 primary key functions allow you to
1) Raise the barometric pressure setting
2) Lower the barometric pressure setting
3) Zero the ground-level (relative) altitude.
Three additional functions are accessed by holding down each key for 5 seconds which allows you to
4) Change display units such as feet/meters, kPA/inHG.
5) Change the display mode to:
- altitude AGL
- altitude MSL
- alternate between AGL and MSL
- absolute ambient air pressure
- peak (max/min altitudes encountered since last time 'zero' key was pressed.
6) Reset MicroTim to factory defaults (MSL only, altitude in feet, barometric pressure 29.92 inHg)
or optionally enter BAROMETER,VSI or ACCUMULATOR mode.
Comes with fresh high-grade 'aaa' battery installed, and user manual included.
Check out our feedback! This unit lives up to expectations!
Also visit the MicroTim website for more details.
We accept VISA/MC directly for those who prefer not to use PayPal. $12 Ships WORLDWIDE
Canadian shipping addresses please await Ebay invoice. Applicable sales taxes MUST be added to your final winning bid amount.