Mobius ActionCam Ultimate Edition (MAC UE) Full HD 1080P sports camera. Capable of 1080p @ 30fps, as well as 720p at either 60fps or 30fps. The rechargeable internal 520 mah battery provides approximately 80 minutes of recording time per charge. The micro-sd card slot supports a memory card up to 32 GB (card not included) in size. Weighing in at a bit under 1.5 ounces, it is both lightweight and compact as well, measuring approximately 2.4" x 1.4" x 0.75". The camera mounts as removable storage when connected to a PC/Mac/Linux for easy transfer of video files. It is fully configurable as well by using the free software configuration utility (PC), the free Android App, or by manually editing the configuration text file (PC/Mac/Linux). The included mounting bracket sports a common 1/4"-20 tripod thread, which provides endless mounting opportunities. Its more advanced features - such as auto power on recording - allow it to be used as a dash camera if desired. The Ultimate edition takes things one step further by bundling the commonly purchased accessories for fantastic savings. Please see below for the full details and specs.
The Mobius ActionCam camera has an approximate horizontal field of view (HFOV) of 86 degrees in 1080p mode, and 46 degrees in 720p mode. A video comparing the HFOV can be found here.
Software and Instructions:
The camera does not ship with instructions, but the instructions are available for download here. The camera mounts as removable storage when connected to a PC/Mac/Linux for easy transfer of video files. It is fully configurable as well by using the free software configuration utility (PC), the free Android App, or by manually editing the configuration text file (PC/Mac/Linux). The free PC configuration utility can be downloaded from here. The free Android App can be found in the Google Play Store. Please note that in order to use the Android App, your device must be OTG capable. You will also need a USB OTG cable.
The Mobius ActionCam has many features, all of which can be configured via the software tools. Such features include:
Please see the screenshots of the software configuration tool to see all of the settings and options.
- Time Stamp On/Off - Allows the user to choose whether a time stamp is displayed. Further, the time and date are easily sync'd to your device's time/date setting.
- Loop recording - When loop recording is enabled, the camera will overwrite the oldest video files with the newest files when the memory card becomes full. This is especially useful when using the camera as a dash cam.
- Auto power on record - When enabled, the camera will automatically turn on and begin recording when it detects power from a connected USB cable, or when the power button is pressed. Further, if connected to a USB cable, the camera will automatically stop recording and power down when the power is cut. This is particularly useful when using the camera as a dash cam since the camera will automatically begin recording when the ignition is switched on, and will automatically stop recording and power down when the ignition is switched off.
- Time lapse photo feature.
- Video/Audio out via optional A/V cable.
- 180 degree image rotation.
- Multiple video resolution options: 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps or 30fps.
- Still photos with a max resolution of 2304 x 1536.
- Audio mute: Allows the user to disable the microphone to so that the camera won't record audio.
- Battery: Internal rechargeable 520 mAh lithium ion battery. User replaceable. Approx. 80 run time minutes per charge.
- Weight: 1.37 ounces (camera only). 1.75 ounces (camera and mounting bracket w/ nut).
- Dimensions: 2.4" x 1.4" x 0.75" (approximate).
- Charging requirements: Use a high quality USB charger rated at a minimum of 5 volts and 1000 mAh (1 amp). Failure to do so will result in premature battery failure, and possibly even camera failure.
There are loads of uses for the Mobius ActionCam camera, be it use in sports/competitions, recreational activities (go-kart cam anyone?), and more. Due to it's compact form factor, this camera is a favorite of the R/C community, and has been mounted to R/C planes, helicopters, quad-copters, and even rockets, in order to take aerial footage.
Other uses include:
Although there are probably 1,001 uses for the Mobius ActionCam, please use it in accordance with any applicable laws.
- Use as a helmet/hat camera.
- Use as dash cam / motor cycle cam / RV cam.
- Use as a webcam.
- Use as removable storage when a memory card is installed.
- Use as a video source with the optional A/V cable.
Standard Accessories: The Mobius ActionCam's standard accessories include the following: Micro SD memory card reader (supports up to 32GB), a USB cable data/charging cable (approx. 32" in length), a piece of Velcro (for mounting if desired), a mounting bracket, a Phillips #000 screwdriver, a hex wrench for lens adjustment, 3 lens cleaning cloths, and a total of 3 lens caps. The ActionCam's mounting bracket includes an optional 1/4-20 nut, which will fit on a standard camera tripod or mount.
Ultimate Edition Accessories: The Mobius ActionCam Ultimate edition includes the standard accessories listed above, as well as the following: suction cup mount, helmet mount, mini tripod, adhesive mount, handle bar mount, 1 extra mounting sleeve (for a total of two), 5v 1 Amp USB car charger, USB OTG cable, and the A/V cable. Memory may also be purchased by selecting the desired bundle in the drop down menu.
I have available for purchase a variety of accessories including:
If any of these accessories are of interest, you may find them in my eBay Store.
- Mounts - suction cup mount, adhesive mount, helmet mount, mini tripod, handlebar mount, hot shoe mount, and extra mounting brackets.
- Cables - 3 meter USB cables, USB OTG cables, A/V out cables, 2" and 8" lens extension cables.
- Power - 5v 1 amp car charger.
- Memory - 8 GB, 16 GB, and 32 GB Kingston memory in retail package with comes with Kingston's lifetime warranty.
- Lenses - Standard replacement lenses, standard replacement lens modules, and a limited stock of the wide-angle lens modules are available.
Payment via Paypal is required within 3 days of purchase. eBay automatically opens an unpaid item case after four days based on my store settings. This is simply done so that I can receive a fee credit for items that are never actually paid for. Please do not think it is done out of spite or impatience.
Shipping - US:
I ship every weekday, to ensure that you get your item fast. Orders shipping via expedited methods receive priority processing. I am happy to combine shipping on expedited methods so that you get the best price. Simply contact me via eBay messaging as to what you would like to purchase, and how you would like it shipped.
Orders shipped via Express Mail ship with signature confirmation by default. I typically waive the signature on orders under $250, but sometimes I forget. If you are shipping via Express Mail and absolutely need the signature waived, please send me a message via eBay messaging when you order.
Please be aware that orders in excess of $250 require a signature per eBay / Paypal policies, and as such a signature cannot be waived.
Shipping - Canada:
The rates listed for shipments to Canada may be subject to change depending on the size of your order and the accessories selected. If this is the case, I will contact you with the shipping cost and options. If not, I will simply ship your order. Please feel free to contact me ahead of time for a precise quote.
If I have other items that you would like to purchase, I am happy to offer combined shipping to get you the best price. Please contact me via eBay messaging as to what you'd like to purchase, and how you'd like it shipped.
Any applicable custom's fees are the buyer's responsibility.
Shipping - Australia:
Shipping to Australia via First Class International Parcel typically costs around $15. Please request an item total after ordering, or contact me prior to ordering for exact pricing on First Class and expedited methods. Any applicable custom's fees are the buyer's responsibility.
If you have any questions about the product or about your order, please contact me via eBay messaging. The e-mail address associated with my account receives a lot of automated messages and has a very aggressive spam filter, so eBay messaging is the quickest and surest way to reach me.
Additionally, if in the rare instance of an issue with your order, please contact me via eBay messaging so that I may resolve it.
Thanks for looking!