SPANISH (FAMILY EDITION)
Levels 1, 2, & 3
New features, more fun, and even easier to use than ever before!
NEW! FACTORY SEALED!
Research shows that people are more successful at learning something new when they learn with a group. Now, Instant ImmersionTM
— maker of the world’s
most popular language-learning software — includes group-learning
features to make learning a new language more fun and effective! Plus,
an updated, modern interface keeps people
focused on what’s important: learning a new language!
1 Software DVD-ROM with 4 Programs
- 1 Interactive DVD for Group Learning on a TV
- 12+ Hours of Audio Learning on 1 CD-ROM
- New! Take-along Pocket Phrase Guide
- New! Unlimited Household Computer Usage License
- New! Install from the DVD or the Internet
The quickest way to learn -- guaranteed.
Instant Immersion uses natural image-association techniques to help you learn as easily as you learned your first language. With Instant Immersion, you will have more fun, save money and reach your goals faster -- guaranteed*!
You Will Be Able To:
- Build your vocabulary
- Get around with confidence
- Converse with ease
- Understand everyday language
- Perfect your pronunciation
- Achieve your goals!
Instant Immersion Levels 1, 2 & 3
Whether you are learning a new language for school, work or your next vacation, Instant Immersion's fun and effective exercises, interactive activities and challenging quizzes will help you achieve language fluency in less time than other language systems. You will think, read and speak your new language with ease.
What Will I Learn?
Level 1 teaches you the essential words and phrases you will need in order to get around with ease. Learn basic vocabulary and everyday phrases in no time! Topics include first words, food, colors, phrases, body parts, numbers, time, shopping, countries and more. Practice with virtual flashcards, play games and use the record-and-playback feature to practice pronunciation. Also includes a printable picture dictionary.
Learn more complex phrases, correct pronunciation and how to converse in your new language. Talk about sports and hobbies, family, friends and work! Other topics include the alphabet, greetings, restaurant, hotel, business, technology, computers, emergencies and travel. Quiz yourself, record your progress or print out the dictionary to practice each subject on the go.
Reach your language learning goals by immersing yourself in advanced conversations that will refine your language skills and help you retain what you learned. Topics include people, food, animals, numbers, seasons, business and career, marketing and communications, IT, banking and more. Practice with image association, game show-style quizzes and story reconstruction, then test yourself and perfect your pronunciation with the recordable voice feature. Also includes a printable dictionary.
More Ways to Learn: As a Group, On the Go, with a Game!
Instant Immersion I-DVD
Play fun interactive games with the whole family using your TV, DVD player and remote control. There are nine topic areas, from shopping to business, multiple choice quizzes, and easy and hard games.
Instant Immersion Audio for MP3
Easily transfer your lessons to your iPod or other MP3 player for on-the-go learning. Practice in the car, at the doctor's office or on a plane!
12 hours of immersive audio learning!
In the following categories:
- Alphabet & Sounds
- Greetings, Introductions & Subject Pronouns
- Gender Agreement, Physical Descriptions & Corresponding Verbs
- Weather, Numbers, Irregular Verbs, Finding & Following Directions
- Days of the Week & Dates, Useful Shopping Terms
- Restaurants, Food & Corresponding Verbs
- Cultural Notes on Ethnic Foods & Customs
- Time/hours, Corresponding Verbs, Use of Object Pronouns
- Travel Vocabulary, Planning a Trip, Using the Internet
- Hotels, Taking a Taxi, Checking In & Special Requests
- At the Market, Negotiating, Money
- Doctor’s Office, Describing Symptoms, Insurance
- Finding a Pharmacy & Filling a Prescription
- Invitations, an Evening Out, Ordering Food
- Entertainment & Leisure Activities, Telling Time
- Sporting Events, Seasons & Holidays
Who is Oscar Lake? CD
Unravel clues as you immerse yourself in your new language with this mystery game that features more than 70 hours of learning and three possible endings. Learn more than 1,200 words, use the online dictionary tool, improve your pronunciation, and much more.
Fun ways to learn, and easy to use, too!
|Voice Technology |
- An advanced recordable voice feature perfectly captures your pitch.
- Hear what you really sound like and compare your accent to that of a native speaker.
|Game Interface |
- Play games and earn points toward awards.
- Playing engages your brain and helps you remember more!
- Watch and interact with video of real-world conversations.
- Ease your fears about talking with native speakers by practicing with Instant Immersion!
Learn on the go! On-the-Go Options
- The MP3 lessons and printable dictionaries mean you can take your lessons with you.
- Take advantage of every free minute to learn your new language!
The Keys to Successful Language Learning
1. You are having fun.
Research shows that when something is fun--you're playing, interacting, laughing--you're more likely to remember it because your brain is engaged. This is why we based our entire language-learning program around game-playing. Plus, when you know something is fun, it will keep you coming back again and again.
2. You are not overwhelmed.
We know the thought of learning a new language is overwhelming. This is why every one of our games can be completed in 10 minutes or less. Imagine your language-learning goal is a sandwich. You wouldn't cram it all in your mouth at once, would you? No. Sure, you'll finish it all, but one bite at a time.
3. You can fit it into your life.
We know you have a million things to do, and we recognize language learning is probably not the first thing on your to-do list (no matter how much we wish it was). This is why we give you a ton of different ways to learn, from computer games and audio lessons for your iPod to written activities in the workbook and interactive fun on your TV!
What's in the Box
- Software DVD
- Interactive Video DVD
- Complete Audio Course on MP3
- Software Interactive Game DVD
WHY LEARN SPANISH?
- Mexico has more than 22 million visitors a year.
- Knowing basic Spanish words and phrases before traveling to Mexico or another Spanish-speaking country will help you feel more at ease during your trip.
- More people speak Spanish in the world than English.
- Spanish is the second most studied language after English.
Mexico’s sunny beaches and rugged mountains may be two of the biggest draws for the more than 22 million visitors that travel to the country every year. But many also visit Mexico to see the remnants of ancient civilizations, including the Aztec’s Pyramid of the Sun.
Like many countries, cuisine in Mexico varies widely by region and, of course, can be very different from what Mexican restaurants serve in the United States. One of the best ways to sample real Mexican food is to ask locals for recommendations.
Spain may be mostly known for its glittering beaches and the famous “Running of the Bulls” at Pamplona, but the country boasts activities for every interest: thriving nightlife, mountain sports, cultural festivities and more. The people of Spain are relaxed and friendly, and talking with them may very well be one of the highlights of your trip to Spain. Spanish cuisine is heavily influence by seafood and the country’s maritime history.
VISITNG SOUTH AMERICA
More than 190 million people speak Spanish in South America, so there’s a good chance if you are going to one of the beautiful destinations there, you will be glad you know the language. You bet it will come in handy with your Machu Picchu tour guide or with your tango instructor in Buenos Aires.
There are more than 417 million Spanish-speaking people worldwide. It is the main language spoken in Mexico, Spain and many countries in South America, including Argentina, Venezuela and Colombia. More than 44 million people in the United States speak Spanish as their native language. It is the second most natively spoken language in the world after Mandarin Chinese.
Here are some basic Spanish phrases that you will use often:
- ¿Cuánto cuesto? (How much does it cost?)
- ¿Dónde está el baño? (Where is the bathroom?)
- ¿Cómo está usted? (How are you?)
System Requirement :
Microsof Windows®XP/Vista/7/8, 960x600 color
display, Sound Card, DVD-ROM drive or Internet access for installation,
Microphone (recommended), DVD player/drive for video disc.
Intel Mac OS X 10.6-10.8, 960x600 color display,
Sound Card, DVD-ROM drive or Internet for installation, Microphone
(recommended), DVD player/drive for video disc.