Vintage Railroad PostCard
New & Postally Unused Condition
FLORIDA EAST COAST SW1200 #233
FEC Maintenance of Way MOW Work Train with Crane in 1984
Great Impossible-To-Find Vintage Post Card
ITEM DESCRIPTION: Vintage Photo Post Card (PC) NEW & Postally Unused. The photos shown are of the actual postcard listed. Please note that the photo you are viewing is FULL SIZE so you can see the condition of the edges and is in below stated condition with below noted exceptions. The postcard will be shipped in a clear plastic photo storage bag and sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard for protection and shipped in a manilla envelope for safe delivery to your address.
Postcards and Photos are a great collectible and source for future reference for model building, model railroading, scratchbuilding, prototype modeling etc. Postcard and photos are invaluable when you need to know certain details, architectural details, paint colors & schemes, lettering placement etc. for locomotives, freight cars, cabooses, trackage, buildings etc. Postcards and photos also make great small framed pictures for use in bathrooms, train rooms, halls and other rooms in your house where a small colorful print is needed without overpowering the area.
POST CARD CAPTION: FLORIDA EAST COAST RAILWAY. Florida East Coast's EMD SW-122 Unit Number 233 supplies the power for a Work Train at Rockledge, Florida on April 26, 1984.
Produced by: Mary Jayne's Railroad Specialties Inc.
Photo by: Steve Wicker
Postcard Number: MJ639
RATING SCALE (see scale below): EXCELLENT
CONDITION: This postcard is NEW and Postally Unused. The card was probably produced in the early 1980's but I don't know for sure. The FIRST CARD SOLD (not shown) has a clean back. The SECOND CARD SOLD back has pencil marks on corner as seen in detail photos. Please look at photos carefully.
DISCOUNTS: Don't forget to inquire about our DISCOUNT PROGRAM to save you money -
WE WANT YOUR BUSINESS !!!
Sign up for my email newsletters by adding my eBay Store to your Favorites
PLEASE READ to understand shipping costs: Due to the THICKNESS & STIFFNESS of the envelope due to the cardboard protection, the items ships for the First-Class Package rate rather than the less expensive standard First-Class Letter rate. Presently, Delivery Confirmation/USPS Tracking is ONLY AVAILABLE on items shipped via First-Class PKG and Priority Shipping. Delivery Confirmation/USPS Tracking is NOT AVAILABLE with First-Class Letter rate postage - thus sellers are FORCED to ship items via First-Class PKG or Priority Shipping rates which are more expensive than the First-Class Letter rate.
ADDITIONALLY according to new eBay seller policies, "... sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers." This means that we as sellers are REQUIRED to ship at a more expensive shipping rate which includes Delivery Confirmation/USPS TRACKING for tracking purposes. Please visit the USPS website for First-Class Package/Parcel Rate confirmation.
>>>PLEASE READ >>> WHY I DON'T OFFER FREE SHIPPING: Many SELLERS are now offering "FREE SHIPPING" and have the shipping cost built into the "Buy It Now (BIN)" price - they have to to survive and make money. This usually ONLY saves BUYERS who purchase single items. HOWEVER, if you purchase several items at the BIN price with Free Shipping - YOU PAY TOO MUCH for the items! Most of my customers purchase several postcards or patches to take advantage of the TEN SHIP FOR PRICE OF ONE offer. You actually end up paying LESS FOR THE ITEMS at the combined shipping rate! Many of my postcards and patches are listed for $1.95 - there is no way for me to sell a $1.95 item and include free shipping when US Postage (following eBay shipping guidelines to include USPS TRACKING) would cost $2.07! The eBay & Paypal fees alone for a $1.95 final cost item (without shipping cost) would cost me 47 cents.Additionally, if I did include free shipping for a $1.95 item, my costs would be: Ebay Selling Fee (10% effective May 2013) $0.20 + PayPal Fees (2.9% + 30 Cents) $0.36 + Postage $0.46 + Envelope $0.07 + Listing Fee $0.10 (per month) = $1.19. Thus Selling price $1.95 - $1.19 Costs = $0.76 to cover COST OF ITEM & overhead IF the item was listed AND SOLD in the FIRST MONTH. When you remove the cost for the item, I would be in the hole! Think about it and it makes perfect sense and I hope you understand my position. Thanks for your time to read this and I look forward to doing business with you!
SHIPPING INFO: We Ship Anywhere! The item ships *Domestically (1 to 10 Patches or Postcards) for the MINIMUM First-Class PKG Package/Parcel Rate plus 75 cents handling. The item ships Internationally (1 to 5 Patches or Postcards) for the 2-Ounce rate plus $1.50 per order handling. Combine with Auctions and other Listings and SAVE on Shipping with ONE - $1.50 Handling Charge for 1 to 100+ Items!
FOR COMBINED SHIPPING: According to ebay's new purchase rules effective Spring 2013, if you wish to purchase multiple items, you WILL NEED to use the "Shopping Cart" system. Simply select the item(s) you want and "ADD" to the shopping cart. After selecting your items, you will then receive an automatically generated invoice from eBay showing the INCORRECT SHIPPING rate. Presently, the eBay "shipping calculator" system will calculate each item for the "gross" shipping rate. For example, if you purchase five (5) patches, the correct shipping rate should be for the 2-Ounce rate. However, the shipping calculator will send you an automatic invoice with shipping calculated for the 10-Ounce rate! You may pay using the incorrect shipping rate and I WILL REFUND you for the overpayment paid for shipping the items. OR, after your selection and prior to making payment, you can click the option to send me an email requesting combined shipping. Upon receipt or shortly thereafter, I will send you an invoice noting the correct or revised shipping rate - the 2-Ounce rate in above example. The stated handling charge in listing will be added to the shipping rate except for exceptions as noted on sales receipts. I am sorry for any inconvenience or confusion using the shopping cart system may cause. If you purchase multiple items and pay for each individually, I WILL REFUND you for the overpayment paid for shipping the items at a combined S&H rate. This refund will be issued AFTER the shipping label is created and package is shipped. I usually ship the SAME day or NEXT DAY after payment. Thank you for your time to read above. Whit
DOMESTIC: Up to TEN (10) POSTCARDS or PATCHES Ship for the Price of ONE !!!
INTERNATIONAL: Up to FIVE (5) POSTCARDS or PATCHES Ship for the Price of ONE !!
MIX OR MATCH for Savings!!!!
- US: All US Orders Shipped with FREE PACKAGE TRACKING for ease of tracking. Heavier items may be shipped via Parcel Post for shipping cost savings if requested but expect 2-5 additional days for delivery from Post Office. Parcel Post shipping rate is only available when shipping cost savings are $0.75 or greater.
- INTERNATIONAL: We only accept Paypal for Payment. International orders shipped via First Class Mail International or Priority International. We ONLY accept Paypal for payment for International orders. Please provide a Paypal Confirmed Shipping Address upon completion of checkout. Winner of listing is responsible for all taxes and tariffs imposed by customs for item(s). Loco-Motive-Hobbies carries NO LIABILITY for items shipped to Un-Confirmed eBay or Paypal shipping addresses.
- Payment & Checkout: We accept most forms of payment including VISA, Mastercard, Discover, Debit Cards, Checks, Cashiers Checks, Paypal etc. Please don't send cash! For Credit/Debit card payments, please contact me and I will send you an invoice through QuickBooks/Intuit Billing Solutions so you can make a secure payment through them.
Check out my other items!
Be sure to add me to your favorites list!
International Orders over $100.00 will be shipped REGISTERED MAIL or PRIORITY Only!
POSTCARD RATING SCALE:
- Mint (M): A perfect card just as it comes from the printing press. No marks, or creases, and no writing or postmarks. A clean and fresh card. Cards of this grade are seldom seen.
- Near Mint (NM): Like Mint but with very light aging or very slight discoloration from being in an album for many years. Not as sharp or crisp.
- Excellent (EX): Like mint in appearance with no bends or creases, or rounded or blunt corners. May be postally used or unused, and may have writing and postmark only on the address side. A clean, fresh card on the picture side.
- Very Good (VG): Corners may be just a bit blunt or rounded. Almost undetectable crease or bend that does not detract from overall appearance of the picture side. May have writing or postal use on address side. A very collectible card.
- Good (G): Corners may be lightly blunt/rounded with noticeable bends or creases. May be postally used or have writing on the address side. Less than Very Good.
- Fair (F): Card is intact. Excess soil, stains, creases, writing, or cancellation may affect picture. Could be a scarce card that is difficult to find in any condition.
- Poor (P): Incomplete, image seriously affected, a gap-filler only.