The brand-new YN-565EX II is the first wireless TTL supporting flash by Yongnuo. The support of wireless TTL for Canon eTTL and Nikon i-TTL and a nearly complete feature set together with high quality makes it an excellent flash.
Wireless TTL Slave: Use the comfort of TTL wirelessly with Canon eTTL and Nikon i-TTL! The YN-565EX serves as a wireless TTL slave which is triggered by a compatible master flash like the Canon 580 EX II or Nikon SB-900, a camera with commander function like Canon 60D or wireless commander like ST-E2. If there is no commander function or master flash it still can be used with TTL on top of a compatible camera. In TTL slave mode 3 groups A, B, C and 4 channels are supported. Please note that the YN-565EX cannot serve as a wireless TTL master and does not support HSS.
Flash Mode Manual, S1, S2: Many photographers like the manual mode in strobist photography, because it gives them most freedom in composing their pictures. You can adjust the power level from 1/128 to 1/1 in 1/3EV steps. Also you can use the optical slave modes S1 and S2. Which allow optical triggering by other flashes without need of an additional trigger. The S2 mode suppresses the TTL metering flash.
Multi Mode: In this mode a sequence of rapid flashes is fired and give interesting effects. You can adjust the number and frequency of flashes.
Big LCD with Advanced Settings: The big back-lit LCD is quite comfortable and for newer Canon cameras all information is also available in the camera menu and can be set there as well. Settings can be saved to a hot key which makes it fast accessible right if you need it. The last settings are automatically saved.
Auto Zoom Head, Wide Angle Diffuser and Bounce Card: The flash head zooms automatically or manually to the focal length transmitted by the camera in steps of 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105mm. The zoom range can be extended to 18mm by the diffuser. Also the head can be rotated horizontally and vertically in wide angles.
High Output Power of GN58: The high output power of GN58 at ISO 100 and 35mm is suitable for most shooting situations.
Modeling Light and Test Flash: The YN-565EX fires for 1 second if the depth of field button of the camera is pressed. Also a test flash is fired if the pilot button is pressed.
The Read Beep informs if the flash is ready to fire after charging. An Overheat Protection pauses the flash for 30 seconds in case of overheating to prevent damaging. A quite handy feature is the Configurable Power Saving Mode.
For longer strobist sessions the Socket for an External Battery Pack can be useful to extend the time of shooting. Also a PC Sync Socked is build-in for the use with flash triggers or PC sync cables.
Further features are Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) of +-5EV in 1/3EV steps. Flash Exposure Bracketing (FEB) for 3 pictures in a row and Rear-Curtain Sync. FE lock for Canon and FV lock for Nikon are locking the flash exposure before you are recomposing the image and taking the final picture.
Compatible TTL Master / Commander
- The YN-565EX II serves as a wireless TTL slave with the following devices: Canon 580EX II, Canon 7D, 60D, 600D, Nikon SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, Nikon c-command and Canon and Yongnuo ST-E2
Compatible Cameras for TTL Top Camera Mounted
- Canon 5DII, 5D, 7D, 1D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 600D, 1000D, 1100D
- Canon Rebel XS, XSi, XTi, T1i, T2i, T3
- Wireless (infrared) eTTL slave for Canon and i-TTL slave for Nikon
- Longest rage for wireless TTL connection indoors up to 25m and outdoors 15m, the slave flash needs optical contact to the master, bright sunlight can disturb the connection
- GN 58 at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Modes: TTL, Manual, Multi
- Optical slave modes S1 and S2, S2 suppresses the TTL metering flash
- Modeling light function for 1s if cameras depth of field button is pressed
- PC port for triggering by cable or by non hot shoe triggers
- Fast recycle time of approximately only 3 seconds after firing on full power (AA alkaline cell used)
- Read beep if charging has finished, can be turned off
- Metal foot
- Bounce card build in
- Rear-curtain sync
- FEC - flash exposure compensation +-5EV in 1/3 EV steps
- FEB - flash exposure bracketing for 3 pictures in a row
- FE lock (Canon) and FV lock (Nikon) supported for locking the flash exposure before recomposing the image and taking the final picture
- Slave groups: 3（A, B, and C）
- Channels: 4
- Auto and manual zoom: 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105mm, compatible with full size and crop size sensors
- Wide angle diffuser for supporting focal length shorter 24mm to 18mm
- Vertical rotation angle: -7~90 degrees
- Horizontal rotation angle: 0~270 degrees
- Power supply: 4 x AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable)
- Connector for an external battery pack e.g. Yongnuo SF-18C, SF-17C
- Color temperature: 5600k
- Flash time: 1/200s~1/20000s
- Flash control: 8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 22 levels of fine tuning
- Dimensions: 60×190×78mm (Extended state)
- Net weight: 380g
- 1 x YN-565EX II for Canon
- 1 x Mini stand
- 1 x Manual in English and Chinese
- 1 x Protection bag
- 1 x Original packaging box
We offer 1 year restricted warranty. ThePhotoGadget will send
the repaired item or an new item in exchange to the buyer free
of charge through standard delivery in case of warranty. Buyer
has to send in the item in original condition and pay shipping
fee. ThePhotoGadget should agree with the send back and make
sure the item is in undamaged condition and was used properly.
Please contact us us before sending back. We will provide you a
send back address.
Our worldwide standard free shipping service and US economic free shipping service takes normally 10 to 15 business days via China Post Office with a tracking number to most countries and regions, 4 to 8 weeks to South American countries, Italy and remote areas. Our ePacket delivery to USA which costs extra freight takes normally 7 to 12 business days with a tracking number which can be tracked at USPS website.Depending on different post services, your local post office might delivery the package to your door or you might need to pick it up on person.
We also provide Expedite Shipping Service with extra cost. Expedited Shipping Service normally takes only 4-6 working days (sometimes 7 working days if the destination is remote). No delivery on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays with Express Service. Our shipments do not include destinations in remote areas, islands where delivery agents charge extra cost.
We ship your order within 1 business day except Sundays and public holidays. Please keep in mind especially the exceptionally two long public holidays in China---the national holiday from Oct 1st till 5th and Chinese spring festival from end of Jan to beginning of Feb (around 1 week and exact date is changing from year to year). Please kindly understand that international shipment is more complex and out of our control, additional time can apply for different countries and regions. Due to the Security reason, traffic congestion, adverse weather, acts of custom inspection etc, delivery time may always vary. We herein appreciate your precious time of waiting for its arrival in advance!
When the parcel reaches you, please do check all the parts and goods quantity inside before signing it. If there are any physical damages, missing items or wrong quantity, please do not sign it and request the post office or the delivery company to issue some relative certification in order for compensation. Then contact us immediately.
Depending on local laws of different regions, custom duty or VAT could apply. ThePhotoGadget is not responsible for this fee. Please consult your local authorities if it occurs.
We ship your order to the address provided by your Paypal, please make sure it is the delivery destination. We are not shipping to P.O box. Tracking number and method will be sent to your message box after shipment.
Information and Notes
- For further information, please contact us by eBay message
- All pictures shown are just for reference, the real product may be different in detail
- Batteries, cameras and accessories if not mentioned in package content are not included
- Product updates are always possible