1 GB Computer Graphics Card for your Everyday Computing
The AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB graphics card is the starting point for AMD's complete 6000-series lineup. The AMD Radeon is suitable for a small, uncomplicated system such as a home theater system or nettop, or if power usage is of primary concern. AMD has also made a 2 GB DDR3 version of this card.
What Features are there on the AMD Radeon HD graphics card?
Some of the features on the 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card to consider are:
- The card has a low profile design that saves space and allows it to fit easily into a small case.
- The power usage of the GPU is negligible at 27 W of power under load and only 9 W when it is idle.
- The Radeon GPU offers support for up to three simultaneous displays and up to four displays are supported with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream.
- This graphics card offers output protected high bit-rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI or DisplayPort without needing any additional cables. It supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS Master Audio formats.
- The AMD graphics card has DirectX technology for improved realism.
What are the Specifications of the 1 GB AMD Radeon?
Some of the specifications of this graphics card are as follows:
- Engine Clock.€The engine clock runs at a frequency of 625 MHz.
- Memory.€512 MB to 1 GB of DDR3 or GDDR5 memory is provided.
- Connectivity.€The AMD Radeon graphics card has a number of connectors and outputs for various devices and applications. It has DisplayPort 1.2 output, an HDMI port, a dual-link DVI port and a VGA output.
- Maximum Resolution.€This graphics card provides for a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600 per display.
What Should I Know Before Installing the Graphics Card?
Take note of the following information before installing the 1 GB AMD Radeon HD graphics card into your computer:
- A PCI Express based PC is required which has one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard.
- Your PC should have at least a 400 W power supply.
- Installation requires a minimum of 1 GB of system memory.
- Your PC must have a CD-ROM drive to install the software.
- A DVD-ROM is required for DVD playback and a Blu-ray drive is required for Blu-Ray playback.
- The AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card is certified for Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by AMD.