How to Select a Windows 7 PC Netbooks
Packed with the pre-installed Windows 7 OS, an ASUS laptop is a portable and convenient way to compute on the go. A netbook is a smaller version of a traditional laptop, generally measuring anywhere from 10 inches to 11 inches, making these machines just the right size to slip into a briefcase or backpack.
What Are the Connectivity Options?
One of the most crucial factors when choosing a Windows laptop is connectivity, which refers to how you can connect peripherals to your computer, whether it's an external hard drive, a webcam, or a DVD player.
- Some Windows models offer DisplayPort connectivity, which is sometimes used to connect another monitor or any device with a VGA and use it for audio for video purposes. It's not as standard as other types of connectors, such as HDMI.
- HDMI connectors work similarly to DisplayPort. These come in several sizes that have a different number of pins and are used much the same way to connect a monitor or other type of device.
- Other inputs include built-in USB ports. You can use these to connect everything from a mouse to a printer or digital camera to your netbook. ASUS models offer netbooks with all types of USB ports, including 2.0 and 3.0.
What Features Do Netbooks Offer?
Sometimes choosing a computer comes down to the features it provides. Though these smaller PCs may not offer as much in the way of screen size as a larger model does, they do boast several features.
- Many laptops offer a built-in Intel processor, which creates a fast experience. It works alongside the already-installed Windows 7 on your device to provide faster boot times, a smoother, glitch-free viewing experience, and the ability to multitask.
- HD screen resolution offers high-definition images with detailed colors and a high pixel resolution. These types of notebooks may even offer an LED-backlit screen to illuminate your display even more.
- Plenty of memory means there's capability to run all your apps and programs. You can select a device with 4 GB, 8 GB, or 10 GB RAM, depending on how much you need. For gaming, you may require a larger amount because games often require more memory than many other applications do.
What Are Some Models to Consider?
After deciding which features are important, the amount of memory you require, and which connectivity ports you need for your particular purposes, it's time to choose an Asus computer model.
- The Eee series offers a variety of 11-inch Windows laptops with a built-in Intel processor along with HDD storage, Bluetooth compatibility, and an included webcam.
- You can select an Aspire laptop for a large amount of memory, a CrystalBrite LED display, the Windows 7 operating system, and an included onboard graphics card.
- The K52F laptop is quiet due to its self-adjusting fan, which also makes it energy-efficient, and a chiclet keyboard for more comfortable typing.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by ASUS.