When it comes to fine lines, dark spots, and other signs of aging skin, time can be the enemy. Advances in skincare allow beauty fans to slow down the aging process, repairing and rejuvenating the face and neck. Using age-defying skincare products can help you restore moisture, fade discolouration, and minimize the appearance of dark circles and wrinkles.What is an anti-aging cream?
An anti-aging cream replenishes moisture to the skins surface. Usually used around the eye area, these creams refresh the complexion using alpha hydroxy acids, extracts, and other nourishing ingredients. They can be applied during the morning or evening, depending on the users preferences and how the product is formulated.What is a face serum?
Serums are applied after cleansing but before moisturizing. This allows powerful ingredients to be delivered directly to the skin. Serums are typically created using smaller molecules that penetrate deeply into the skin. The concentrated ingredients make them well-suited for those with specific skin concerns, such as dark spots, deep wrinkles, and other blemishes.What ingredients are in anti-wrinkle creams and serums?
When looking for these products, keep in mind that different formulas do different things. Here are some of the ingredients used in age-defying skin care items:
- Retinol: A vitamin A compound, retinol was one of the first ingredients to be widely used in anti-aging products. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals that can break down skin cells and cause wrinkles over time.
- Vitamin C: Using a wrinkle cream with vitamin C may help you protect against sun damage. Make sure you store products with this ingredient in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.
- Tea extracts: Long known for their anti-inflammatory properties, green, black, and oolong teas also may be good for your skin. Green tea extract is the ingredient widely used in beauty products.
- Coenzyme Q10: Reducing wrinkles and protecting the skin from the suns rays are two possible benefits of coenzyme Q10.
- Hydroxy acids: Alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids, including salicylic acid, exfoliate the skin, removing debris and impurities. Removing older layers of skin allows smooth, even skin to grow.
Age-defying formulas with antioxidants can be used as early as age 21. When selecting a product, choose one that is appropriate for your skin type. For instance, those with dry skin will likely benefit from rich, creamy formulas and moisturizers. However, those prone to oily skin or breakouts should choose lightweight moisturizers, clarifying cleansers, and other skin care items tailored to their complexion.