How to Choose a Pro User Laptop
When you are looking to get into the world of Apple computers, you will always find a variety of options, which is bound to get confusing. For desktop computers, there are a series of Macs coming from different generations. You can also choose to go for the MacBook line of laptops where you will get the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and the MacBook Air.
What is the difference between the three MacBooks?
All the three brands pack different features that affect their size, weight, and performance. The three brands stand out as being suitable for different kinds of users.
- The MacBook Air is a lightweight, entry-level laptop that also costs the lowest.
- The MacBook is the lightest in the series. It is a great tool for travelers and business executives.
- The MacBook Pro (MBP) is a performance laptop for users who work with demanding professional computing functions.
What are features of the MBP?
- Touch bar - The touch bar is a small strip that has touch-sensitive control functions. It replaces the function keys on the laptop’s keyboard. The control buttons switch according to the application program that you are currently running.
- Processor - A good processor completes more instructions within a short time while using less power. The devices use the Intel line of processors, giving you a choice between the Intel Core i5 and the Intel Core i7. Gigahertz (GHz) measure the number of clock cycles completed by the processor in one second. A 4.1 GHz Intel Core i7 processor can handle complex program applications at extremely fast speeds.
- Touch-ID - Users can lock and unlock the device as well as authorize payments on Apple Play using the biometric identification feature. You will find this feature on the touch bar of the Mac.
- Graphics - The MacBook Pro is a great laptop for video editors, graphic designers, and game developers. The Pro features a Radeon Pro GPU with 4 GB of DDR5 on the higher end, while you can also get 64 MB of embedded RAM on the lower end.
- Memory - The random access memory (RAM) allows the computer to multitask with ease. The MacBook Pro offers a choice between an 8 GB and 16 GB built-in RAM, both of which rate highly in performance.
- Storage - Images, video files, and some software applications take up a lot of space on the hard drive. Important aspects that you can look at include the storage space and the storage speed. Mac devices use a solid state drive (SSD) flash memory. SSDs can read and write data at faster speeds compared to magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). A high-end MacBook Pro features a 2 TB SSD storage.
- Retina display - Apple uses the term for its high-resolution screens. The display has optimal brightness, high contrast, and excellent color separation features.
- All-day-battery - Apple laptops have a long battery life. The lithium-ion battery can run the laptop for up to 10 hrs.
- Connection ports - The MBP has two Thunderbolt 2 ports, two USB-C connection ports for your flash drives, and other USB connecting devices. You will need an adapter to connect an ethernet cable. There is a built-in wireless card for Wi-Fi connections.