Aviation Parts and Accessories
If you're a licensed pilot of small planes such as Cessnas or Pipers, you understand that aviation is all about preparedness. As such, you may wish to augment your pilot supplies with extra aircraft parts in case they are needed. In addition, your plane will benefit from various aviation accessories that will enhance your aircraft safety and reliability ratings as well as the experience of flying overall.What are some aircraft parts you should have available?
Although there are many kinds of aviation parts you can acquire, it's helpful to know where to start and what basics may be beneficial. Having this aviation knowledge will give you a broad base from which to work and ensure that your plane has the most integral parts available when you need to install them. Consider the following:
- Firstly, you should acquire a few sets of aerospace hardware. This is a general term to denote several basic replacement parts for various aircraft. In general, you should try to pick up several each of screws, clamps, pins, washers, and bushings. Aircraft parts in each of these products categories are useful in some way to the workings of your plane.
- Next, you should consider getting some back-ups of any clocks, gauges, dials, and other such navigational aircraft parts for your airplane. There may be situations where you need to replace one or more. Timely, accurate readings from your aerospace instruments are essential to your safety and well-being while in the air.
- Because landing and tail lights are an important safety feature for both you and anyone in proximity, you should keep a few spare lights on hand in case you find one that needs replacing. You can purchase the light fixtures, bulbs, or both.
Having the extra parts necessary to keep your aircraft in top shape is important. However, pairing your plane with the proper accessories can be just as vital. While some aircraft accessories serve to enhance the journey, many of them offer tangible benefits in core areas such as safety and security. Having some of the following accessories on hand will make you better prepared while in the air:
- One of the simple yet vital aviation accessories you can buy is a headset. Headsets allow you to communicate with a passenger if you have one aboard. If you have antennae and radio capabilities installed, you'll use your headset for outbound communication as well. You can even purchase protective bags for your aviation headset that come pre-loaded with extra parts for your convenience.
- A GPS from a trusted brand such as Garmin is a very valuable navigation tool in the skies. Thanks to its portability and versatility, a GPS can replace bulkier maps that can be hard to use and read in the small cabin of an aircraft.