Camping & Hiking Equipment
Camping and hiking are fun and fulfilling experiences. Before setting out for these activities, you will need to make sure you have the correct equipment. This guide will give you some tips on how to buy these items.What clothing do you need for hiking and camping?
If you are camping or hiking in a cold place, your gear should be heavy enough to keep out the cold. At the same time, they should be comfortable. Here is the gear you will need:
- Ultra-light running shoes
- Synthetic or wool T-shirt and long-sleeve shirt- Your shirts should be moisture-wicking. Also, they should be able to dry fast. If possible, you should wear shirts that are antimicrobial so you don’t have to deal with sweat odor. When camping, make sure you bring an extra T-shirt to sleep in.
- Yoga pants or tights- These are highly comfortable and convenient if you are traveling through clear paths. On the other hand, trails with too many rocks and brushes will damage your yoga pants. Nylon pants are better suited for such routes.
- A fleece top- This can be worn in cold weather and can also serve as a nice pillow at night.
- A pair of comfortable socks- You should try them out first to see what feels comfortable in your hiking shoes
- Hats and gloves- To protect your skin from the harmful UV rays, you will need to bring along a wide-brimmed hat and a pair of gloves. If you don’t like hats, a simple cap will do.
Here are some things you should consider when purchasing a backpacking tent:
- The size- Make sure your tent is large enough to accommodate everyone in the camp. Also, you may want to make sure it is tall enough to allow people to stand.
- The pole structure- This determines how easy it is to pitch. It is best to go for one with clips, colour-coded corners, and short pole sleeves.
- The doors- A good tent should have multiple doors. This construction allows people to exit the tent without having to go over each other.
- The material- This determines the chances that it will leak
Your lantern should be bright and highly durable. Here are some suitable lanterns for outdoor activities:
- Keychain flashlight- These are compact and easy to carry around
- Multi-tool flashlight- If you want to carry extra tools along with your lantern, this can be an excellent choice
- LED lights- These can be alternatives to battery-powered lamp
- Headlamps- If you like trekking without holding the flashlight, you should buy this product
- A backpack - For minimalist backpacking, you can simply travel with a small bag. It needs to fit your camping items without being unnecessarily large.
- A knife - This will be needed to open packages, cut food or chop wood. If your activities involve hunting, you will need a knife to cut meat.
- Water bottles - It is important to stay hydrated throughout the trip
- Sporting goods
- A sleeping bag