Choosing the Right Screen for a Tablet
The replacement process for tablets and other smart technology involves choosing an LCD replacement screen that is compatible with the device. Once the screen replacement has been selected, the Samsung Galaxy S6 must be disassembled before the damaged screen can be replaced. There are a variety of options available from the OEM or other manufacturers.
Why shouldn't you use a tablet with a shattered or broken glass?
It is very common for a smartphone or other device to get broken or shattered. Some people continue to use it for as long as there is a clear on-screen display. This can lead to further and more extensive damage to the Galaxy S6. The home button is rarely impacted by a cracked screen. If any buttons malfunction, immediate replacement of the touch screen digitizer may be necessary before resuming use. Here are a few reasons you should avoid using the Samsung Galaxy S6 or any other smart device when the touchscreen is broken.
- Reduced protection: the LCD helps to protect the inside components from being damaged. Cleaning the broken screen with a damp cloth is not advised because it may allow liquid to seep inside and cause the Galaxy S6 Edge or S7 to short circuit.
- Scratches or abrasions to fingers: if the cracks are severe, it is possible that you could cut or scratch your fingers while swiping. While the cuts may be minor, they can sting and if left unattended, it could lead to bruising or infection in the fingers.
- Restricted viewing: a cracked or broken rear glass makes it challenging to see what's on the tablet. Utilizing the tablet for GPS or other directions is difficult because it's hard to see what the text or maps say when travelling.
What do you do if you crack your tablet?
If the glass or digitizer on the S8 or any other smart component shatters or breaks, there are a series of steps to take prior to launching a Galaxy S6 screen replacement mission. Initially, determine how extensive the damage is. A hairline crack is not as bad as a full-on shatter. They both should be approached with a repair strategy. One is often more urgent than the other. Determine if the glass or the LCD has been damaged. Consider these factors before executing repair of the touch screen digitizer assembly by equipping it with a new screen.
- Warranty: if the tablet is covered by a warranty, replacement or repair can be done with little money out-of-pocket.
- Manufacturer replacement: some OEM offer screen replacement for a charge. This means that the replacement will be compatible with the original frame, as it is the same as the original screen that was on the Galaxy S6 or any other device.
How do you choose a touchscreen replacement for your smart tablet?
It is easy to find an LCD replacement that is compatible. They are available from the OEM or third-party manufacturers. Here are a few factors to consider.
- Select a model that is made for the smart tablet that has the broken screen.
- Read reviews of several models before choosing one.
- Choose the replacement that has a high-grade rating.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.