Coins & Paper Money
Collect a Little Piece of Economic History
People have been using coins for currency for thousands of years. The first coins date back to ancient Egypt in 650 B.C., so its no wonder old coins draw so much interest. Coins are among the most popular collectors' items on eBay and in the collecting world overall. Both amateur and experienced collectors are sure to find a fascinating array of coins, from Buffalo nickels to Silver Eagle coins to Peace Dollars, on eBay.
Shop for Bullion Coins
Because they are expensive to produce and popular among coin collecting connoisseurs, bullion coins usually come at a premium price. On eBay, you can find platinum bullion, gold bullion coins and bullion coins made from silver and other precious metals.
Hunt Down Rare Coins
eBay makes it easy to find exactly what youre looking for, so you wont have to check multiple coin shops for those hard-to-get pieces. The rarer the coin, the higher the value. Famous rare coins can sell for millions of dollars. Some of those in top demand include:
- The Morgan Silver Dollar, which has a high liquidation rate.
- Franklin Half Dollars, which are rare and high quality. Only 445 million Franklins were produced between 1950 and 1963, and they were the only ones ever made.
- The $20 Gold Double Eagle, made from 96 percent troy ounce gold. The value of the $20 Gold Double Eagle varies with the price of gold.
- Mercury dimes, made between 1936 and 1942, are among the most beautiful U.S. coins. These collectible coins are exceptionally rare and difficult to obtain.
- Indian Head Gold Coins MS 62 Condition are popular among coin collectors, particularly the $2.50, $5 and $10 versions.
Discover a Unique Error Coin
Error coins are coins with mint mistakesbut those mistakes only increase their value among collectors.Because they are so scarce, error coins are highly sought after. Collectors can find a unique selection of error coins on eBay.
Build Your Exonumia Collection
Exonumia coins are coins that were never issued by a government for currency. These include commemorative coins, challenge coins, thematic coins, reproduction coins, proof coins, casino chips, bimetallic coins, metals, and tokens. As they slip into collections, old coins are becoming scarcer, making them a hotter commodity than ever among collectors. Whether youre a new collector with an interest in Canadian and U.S. coins or an experienced expert looking for a specific silver coin, let eBay be your source for finding the perfect addition to your collection.€