A Few Things to Know About Dell Vostro Laptop Batteries
Your laptop or notebook computer can be ideal for accomplishing tasks and completing projects when you're on the move. It's pretty frustrating to open up your computer only to discover its gone completely dead. Having the right batteries for your Dell Vostro and knowing how to use them is essential.How should you care for a laptop battery?
Here are some reasons your battery might have stopped working and tips for taking care of your replacement laptop battery in the future.
- Exposure to excessive temperatures: When your computer gets too hot or cold, the components of your battery can get damaged. A battery's lithium ions can be temperature sensitive. If you are using your computer in a place that is extremely hot or cold, try to keep your laptop batteries stored in a cool dry place when they aren't being used.
- Hard impacts: If your battery has fallen out and hit the ground hard, it may be broken internally. Watch for leakage and other signs of impact damage. A leaking battery should always be replaced and disposed of properly.
- Overcharging: If your laptop battery has been fully charged, don't leave the charging cord plugged in. This can cause the battery to overheat and become damaged. It can also cause the electrical current to wear the battery out quickly. To extend battery life, unplug fully charged laptops from the power source.
- Letting your device die: If you let your laptop battery go dead and remain dead for long periods of time, damage may occur. To avoid this, power down your computer when the battery gets low instead of letting it drain entirely.
- Improper installation: It's important that you have your battery installed correctly. Make sure that the connections are correct and that the battery hatch is closed securely. If the prongs aren't securely connected, your battery won't work well.
There are a few things that you can do to be sure that the batteries you purchase for your Dell Vostro will fit properly and work correctly.
- Know your exact computer model: Dell computers come in many different models and styles. To find out which model and style you have, check to see if the model and style number are printed directly on your device. You can also find out what model and style you have by consulting your owner's manual or the system information on your computer.
- Find your battery model number: Each battery carries a model number or a style number. You can find them by looking at the stickers on the battery that you have. If you don't have your battery on hand, you can search for the model number using the manufacturer's website. You can also check to see if there is a sticker within the battery compartment on the underside of your computer that shows the battery's model number.