E-bikes are great alternatives to traditional bicycles. Many people even prefer these bikes to cars. They can move at very high speeds, and cyclists dont have to struggle a lot to accelerate; the bicycle can speed up with minimal effort.What are Pedelecs?
For a bike to be considered a Pedelec, it must have a motor, batteries, and pedals. Without pedals, it would be a scooter. The pedal is used to propel the bicycle with the assistance of the motor.Why use an electric bike?
Here are some benefits of e-bikes:
- With these bicycles, you can arrive at your destination without being excessively sweaty
- People who are older or unfit can still enjoy riding electric bikes since cycling does not require a lot of energy
- You can travel to further places at a faster speed. They even allow you to carry heavy loads since they offer a speed boost.
- They can serve as ideal alternatives to cars. With e-bikes, you will save a lot of money on gas and insurance. Also, you can easily maneuver through traffic jams and get to your destination on time.
- You dont need to spend a lot of time trying to find parking spots. Also, you save money on parking fees.
- In many places, you can ride at very high speeds without having to get insurance or licenses
- Electric City Bikes- These are fat-tire bikes that are commonly used for short trips. High priority is given to acceleration and torque.
- Folding Electric Bikes- These are mostly used when people need to combine different modes of transport. For example, if you need first to take the train or bus, a folding e-bike can be useful to carry along. Also, very short trips are more convenient with these electric bikes since you dont need to bother tying them up. Typically, these are very light, even with the motor and battery.
- Electric Mountain Bikes- Just like traditional mountain bikes, these are meant to be ridden on rough and hilly terrains. They are more powerful than city e-bikes, and this enables the bikes to go over rocks and other obstacles on the trail safely.
- Electric Hybrid Bikes- As the name suggests, these bikes combine the properties of mountain and fat-tire bikes. They are built to be fast and, at the same time, tough. They are lighter than electric mountain bikes, so you dont have to deal with the excess weight when going up hills. You can use the bike to carry heavy luggage or cycle through rough trails.
- Electric Trikes- These have three wheels and are used primarily by children or people with special needs.
Here are some vital facts about e-bikes:
- Batteries from reputable companies will last longer. Normally, a battery should last for about three years.
- The capacity of an e-bike battery can be upgraded up to 18Ah.
- Disk brakes are essential if you intend to ride at very high speeds. They offer greater stopping power compared to V-brakes.