Eye makeup products are used to enhance the beauty of the eyes of the wearer. Eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and brow products can be used to add depth and either a natural look or a glam look. The cosmetics designed for use on the eye come in many shades and finishes, allowing you to create your unique makeup kit.
What type of eye makeup products are there?
There are a variety of products that you can use to create an eye makeup look.
- Primer: This eye product provides a sticky base for shadows. Some primers prevent creasing and help the shadows last longer throughout the day.
- Eye shadow: These products come in powder, cream, and liquid form. Many people keep powder eyeshadow palettes in their kit as they come with multiple shades and colours.
- Eyeliner: The liner outlines the lash line to enhance the eye or change the shape of the eye. They often come in liquid and pencil forms.
- Mascara: This beauty product thickens, lengthens, and darkens the lashes, helping the eye stand out. Most mascaras come in black, though others come in colours like blue, yellow, and purple.
- Brow products: Eyebrow pencils, pomade, gels, and powders can make sparse brows appear thicker and fuller.
- Eye Makeup remover: Makeup remover helps you safely and gently remove beauty products from around the eye area.
- False lashes: False lashes can add a touch of drama to your look or add additional emphasis to the eye.
Where do you apply eyeliner?
Here are some helpful tips for applying liner to the top and bottom lash lines:
- Top lash line: On the top of the eye just above the lashes, pencil or liquid eyeliner should be applied starting at the inner corner and working towards the outer edge. The liner should be placed above the lashes. Use a pencil eyeliner when tightlining or adding pigment to the waterline.
- Bottom lash line: Use pencil liner for the lower waterline. You can also use eyeshadows to line the outside lower lash line.
What is a hooded eye?
A hooded eye is when the eye crease is hidden by the brow bone or the upper part of the lid. This can make the eyelid look smaller, though there are techniques that utilize shadows to minimize the look of hooded eyes. It is recommended that dark eyeshadow shades be placed over or past the crease.
What is a deep-set eye?
A deep-set eye is an eye that is set further into the orbital socket. This often gives the appearance of a prominent eyebrow bone. Light shimmer or glitter eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lashes can help to enhance deep set eyes.