A Luthier’s Promise With the Gibson Les Paul Junior
Not all guitarists begin by playing the most advanced guitars out there, and for this reason, professionals suggest a beginner’s instrument. Get all of the promise of a leading luthier from the Gibson Les Paul Junior guitar. These instruments incorporate the standards of Les Paul into their crafting but simplify some parts and pieces for a universal fit to suit any player.Are all Les Paul guitars sold at full price?
The Gibson Les Paul Junior is an affordable option for guitarists looking for top-quality performance at a lower price. This instrument provides you with six strings and direct connections for a quick input into modern amplifiers. The “junior” in its name doesn’t mean this guitar is smaller than its predecessor. Expect a sound that you can manage at all experience levels.Where the Les Paul Junior makes a difference
Some nuances are worth noting when considering this instrument. This guitar offers features like:
- A solid body: The solid body is something Les Paul introduced at a marketable scale. Solid bodies rely heavily on their pickups to create sound and tone but without adding extra space.
- An introductory product: This instrument is intended to lead you into the world of guitars by giving you all of the basics, which can be mastered faster and with less complication.
- Double cutouts: Double cutouts are made for the Junior and give you more access to the fret board.
- A single pickup: The simplicity of an affordable Gibson Les Paul Junior uses one pickup without complicating the way it works.
- Single volume and tone: There’s one tone knob and one volume control. Beginners can minimize the confusion and learn about the fundamental sounds and how to play them.
The Les Paul guitar is inspired by luthier and musician Lester William Polsfuss. Here’s a look at how Gibson pioneered the Junior based on his design:
- Introducing the solid body: The solid body makes this guitar small and compact with a tone built from condensed wood.
- Humbucking away: Humbuckers became the option for getting a tone that the lack of guitar body couldn’t.
- The sunburst classic: The yellow sunburst finish revolutionized how guitars look and is still in high demand.
- Covering all genres: Sound is what Gibson achieved with its work, and now the Les Paul guitar is used in every top genre.