Golf Clothing, Shoes, & Accessories
In order to be successful at the game of golf, you need the right tools. Not only does this include balls and clubs, but it also includes the right clothes and shoes. Having these as well as some other important items will keep you comfortable and help you enjoy your time on the green more.How do you choose golf clothing, shoes, and accessories?
When shopping for clothing, shoes, and other items for the game of golf, you should consider several important factors. These factors include:
- Weather: Depending on the climate where you live, you may need to consider layering your clothing with cardigans, sweater vests, and jackets. You may also want to purchase shoes that are waterproof as well as slacks.
- Dress Code: Check with the golf courses and country clubs where you intend to play. Many of them have adopted a dress code that you must follow in order to play there. You don't want to purchase golf clothing you cannot wear simply due to a dress code.
- Your Comfort: You want to be comfortable during your golf game in order to enjoy it and to play your best. If you are wearing shoes and clothes that make you physically uncomfortable or that make you feel socially uncomfortable, you won't be able to play your best.
- Newer Textiles: Unlike golfers of the past, you have a selection of fabrics at your fingertips that will keep you dry and cool as well as avoid wrinkles. Moisture-wicking fabric and wrinkle-resistant fabrics are just a few of the options available.
In addition to the right footwear and clothes for golf, there are some accessories you should be sure to keep with you. Having these items can make your day on the green everything you dreamed it would be. In addition to water and snacks, these items include:
- Rain Gear: Umbrellas and waterproof hats and gloves as well as a waterproof cover for your clubs.
- A First Aid Kit: You never know what might happen out on the green. Be prepared with Band-Aids, antibiotic ointment, sunscreen, Chapstick, rubber gloves, bandages, and ibuprofen.
- Towels: It is a good idea to have several, as you might need them for your hands and face or even drying off after the rain.
- Gloves: Golfing pros recommend having at least three pairs with you; one for practice, one for play, and a spare.
- Scorecards and Writing Utensils: In case you forget to grab them at the start of the game, carrying an extra scorecard and pen will ensure you are prepared and don't waste any time.
- Tees: You can never have enough extra tees.
- Socks: If your game gets long or you accidentally step in a puddle, you never know when you will need an extra pair of golf socks.