Everything You Need to Know Before You Buy an Intel Xeon Processor
You may be looking to upgrade your existing computer and need to install a new processor. Perhaps you are a system builder and are looking for a CPU to add to your newest creation. If so, eBay's user-friendly site has the Intel Xeon E5-2660 processor you have been looking for, and here is what you need to know before you make your purchase.What items are needed to install the Intel Xeon E5-2660?
If you replace a processor in an existing computer, you should always consult the computer manufacturer's manual for instructions on how to proceed with the installation. If you add the processor to a bare-bones computer that you build yourself, you will need several items to get your new device in working order. You might want to install additional components to accommodate all your computing needs and should always consult manufacturers' manuals to rule out potential compatibility issues. The following is a summary of basic parts, all available on eBay, that you will need to include when installing your new processor.
- Chassis: Choose from among towers, mini-towers, all-in-ones, and slim models.
- Motherboard: Check that you have a sufficient amount of memory to support the intended operations. You should also have a sufficient number of slots to support any devices you intend to use.
- Power supply: You should include a fan or cooling system when installing the power supply.
- Networking: Available options include a cable modem, Wi-Fi adapter, Bluetooth adapter, and other types of networking devices.
- Video card: Think of the intended use of the computer to determine which video card can support all the needed operations. Media streaming, gaming, and movie editing require a powerful video card that supports integrated graphics processing.
- Input/output: The options might include a microphone, speaker, keyboard, mouse, and touch pad. The motherboard should have a sufficient number of slots to support the additional components.
The Intel Xeon E5-2660 v4 processor shares many of the characteristics of the 8-core Intel Xeon E5-2660 but contains 14 cores and 28 threads. It has a speed of 2.0 GHz and a 35MB cache. Its 64-bit chipset can support up to two CPUs and its multi-threaded technology supports concurrent processor operations. Like the regular Intel Xeon E5-2660, the v4 processor is also used in data centers and servers.What are the characteristics of the Intel Xeon E5-2660 processor?
The Intel Xeon E5-2660 processor is a powerful 8-core CPU that is ideal for use in servers, data centers, and large computer networks. This processor can support cloud computing, virtualization, and real-time operations, and its hyper-threading technology adds speed to its functionality. The following list summarizes the characteristics of the Intel Xeon E5-2660 processor.
- Cores: 8
- Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Chip Set: 64-bit processor with multi-threaded technology
- Weight: 1 pound
- Cache: 20MB