Jewelry Holders and Organizers
A proper jewelry holder will protect your jewelry and accessories from damage. It will also help you organize your pieces, eliminate tangles, and make everything easy to find.
What are some types of holders or organizers?
- Jewelry boxes - Jewelry boxes range from antique wooden designs to modern plastic styles. Some boxes include locks.
- Open jewelry trays - These open trays allow you to display your jewelry while safely storing it.
- Hanging jewelry holders - There are two types of hanging organizers. One type is a small stand with hangers for storing necklaces and earrings. You can hang the other over a closet or bathroom door to save space. Both allow you to display your jewelry.
- Jewelry pyramids - Jewelry pyramids are hand jewelry holders that are perfect for displaying pieces like rings, watches, and bracelets.
- Travel organizers - Travel holders are compact and designed to fit inside luggage.
What do you look for when picking a jewelry holder?
- Exterior material - Jewelry holders are made from all sorts of materials, including wood, glass, metal, acrylic, and cloth. You can select a jewelry organizer to match the rest of your decor.
- Interior material - Many jewelry boxes are lined with velvet or a velvet-like material to provide extra protection. However, not all boxes or trays have a lining. Whether or not you choose a box with lining will depend on the jewelry you wish to store. Linings come in all sorts of colours, like white, blue, and black.
- Number and type of compartments - Some boxes have lots of small drawers or trays. They are ideal for bracelets, some necklaces, and pearls. Others have specific places to store rings and stud earrings. If you need to organize necklaces and large earrings, look for a holder with stands designed for hanging these types of pieces.
- Security features - If you are keeping expensive pieces at home, you should look for a jewelry box with a lock. If you are looking for a travel organizer so you can take your favourite rings, necklaces, and bracelets on vacation, remember that most travel holders don't lock. Consider keeping your travel box in your carry-on.
Where can a jewelry organizer be kept?
Most people prefer to keep their jewelry organizer on a bedroom dresser or near a vanity so they can display their pieces. However, those who are keeping valuables in storage may wish to keep their box concealed in another drawer or even inside a safe.