jewellery making is a creative and satisfying pastime that many crafters enjoy. A broad variety of jewellery making tools can be used to make rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pins and brooches. Different tools are required for working with various materials such as metal, glass, beads, pearls, and precious stones.What are some common jewellery making tools?
- Pliers: jewellery makers use numerous types of pliers to create their projects. Some options include needle nose, snipe nose, round nose, flat nose and half round pliers.
- Tweezers: Beads and jewellery findings can be fussy and hard to hold onto. Tweezers give you some extra help with handling the tiny bits you need to work with when completing your jewellery making projects.
- Wire cutters: While you can sometimes use ordinary scissors for cutting wire, they aren't the most elegant solution. Wire cutters are much better suited to this purpose. They're likelier to give you a clean, smooth, precise cut in the exact spot you need it.
- Mandrels: A mandrel is a round object you can use for shaping your metal jewellery. A ring mandrel is the ideal size for use when shaping a metal ring. Larger ones work well for shaping metal bangle bracelets.
- Tool kits: A tool kit is a convenient way to acquire many of the jewellery making supplies you need to get started with this craft.
Some common metalworking tools you can use for making rings and other metal jewellery include mandrels, torches, a torch lighter, a soldering iron, saws, files, tongs, mallets, and polish wheels. Optional supplies include precious stones, semi-precious stones, and flux. Sandpaper is helpful for the finishing details.What tools should you use for making wire jewellery?
You'll need a variety of jewellery making tools and supplies for creating wire jewellery. Tool kits can provide a fantastic selection of the tools you'll need. Wire is the most important item to have on hand. You could use coloured copper craft wire, sterling silver wire or a broad variety of other wire types. Wire cutters are essential tools for making wire jewellery.
If you want to incorporate wire wrapping techniques into your project, it's ideal to have stones, pendants, focal beads, briolettes, or other baubles to use for wrapping. Pliers, semi-flush cutters, and pinch bails are helpful to have when you work on wire wrapping with these items.What tools should you use for repairing watches?
Watch batteries and watch battery kits are the most frequently needed supplies for repairing watches. Battery testers are also helpful to have on hand. Other commonly used watch repair tools include spring bar tools, screwdrivers, watch gaskets, link pin removers, pliers, and vices.What tools are needed for making a necklace longer?
There are a variety of jewellery tools and methods you could use for making a necklace longer. One simple method requires the owner to use long needle-nose pliers and some jump rings. Simply use the pliers to open up the jump rings and add them to the end of your chain. Add as many jump rings as it takes to achieve the necklace length you need.