Men's Casual Shirts
Men's informal shirts are available in cotton, linen, blends, synthetics, and even silk, both woven and knitted. They come in a variety of styles, colours, and prints to match any occasion. Men's shirts in plaid, gingham check, herringbone, striped, and dobby weaves are all common.What features distinguish a man's casual shirt?
There are several characteristics that distinguish men's informal shirts:
- The cuffs: Informal designs might not have any cuffs at all as many tees do not. If they do have cuffs, the cuffs are likely to button instead of featuring space to accommodate cufflinks.
- The collar: Some collars that button down are considered sporty or casual rather than formal. Look for floppy collars rather than stiff ones.
- The pockets: Large or oversized pockets are characteristic of informal designs. Pockets on sleeves are also considered informal.
- The length: A short length is indicative of an informal design, although there are many long-sleeved informal shirts.
Men's casual shirts are available in a broad variety of silhouettes. Several common types are as follows, although these are not the only possibilities:
- T-Shirts: Pullover T-shirts are some of the most common casual shirt designs. They are usually made of cotton or a cotton blend. These lack buttons and can be pulled over the head. They might feature screen-printed slogans, designer logos, or many other types of embellishment. They can be short- or long-sleeved.
- Polos: These typically cotton tops pull over the head and have necklines that can button or zip closed. They might include small embroidered logos or details such as a crocodile or monogram letters. The fabric on this type of design is most likely to be a stretch knit, such as jersey, pique, interlock, or rib.
- Western-style casual shirts: These might be constructed of denim, twill weave, flannel, or another sturdy woven fabric, and they usually have buttons or snaps down the front of the shirt. They typically feature pockets or design elements, such as epaulets. They can be solid, plaid, checkered, or feature other types of textile patterns.
- Henley: A henley features a round, collar-free neckline with a short button-down placket beneath it. The shirt pulls over the head and can be either fitted or loose fitting.
- Tanks: Tank tops are sleeveless. They show off the shoulders and arms. They're suitable for wearing with shorts in the summertime or under other clothing as undershirts in the wintertime.
The following are some common brand names to look for:
- Calvin Klein: Calvin Klein makes tees, flannel tops, athletic wear, sports clothes, and a variety of other stylish menswear.
- Polo Designed by Ralph Lauren: This designer makes men's tees and a variety of sports tops as well as other menswear designs .
- Izod: This brand is well-known for making comfortable, classic knitted golf shirts in solid colours and interesting graphic-printed designs.
- J. Crew: J Crew makes a variety of Oxford, checkered flannel, tees, and other informal shirts.
- Harley Davidson: This brand makes tees, tanks, and other informal clothing designs. Their sturdy construction appeals to motorcycling enthusiasts as well as the general population.