Whether a man enjoys wearing boxer briefs, trunks, or fitted shorts, the most important considerations when purchasing mens underwear are a proper fit and adequate support. Finding the perfect underwear isnt easy. Fortunately, a little research can make it easy to find comfortable underwear that will offer the desired fit and unparalleled comfort.Whats the best way to find the perfect size underwear?
Many retailers make it simple to find boxer briefs, boxers, and shorts that fit comfortably and provide comfort all day.
- Waist size: Most mens underwear is based on the pants size that a man would usually wear.
- The cut: The cut is also an essential factor, as a form-fitting trunk or a short-style pair may provide additional comfort if purchased a size larger.
- Thigh dimensions: Boxer briefs are designed to hug the thigh, so be sure to choose a size that provides adequate room for a comfortable wear.
Many men become overwhelmed when attempting to discern which type of fabric will meet their needs.
- Cotton fabric: Most mens undergarments that are made from cotton are perfect for day-to-day wear and will provide comfort thanks to a loose-fitting design.
- Breathable fabric: Men who live an active lifestyle can benefit from boxer briefs, trunks, boxers, and other styles that are made from breathable microfiber.
- Cotton blend fabric: Men who live in warmer climates, or who have jobs that include periods of physical activity mixed with sitting, will enjoy the breathability and comfort that accompanies underwear made from a cotton blend.
Underwear needs to be washed on a regular basis, normally after one day of wear, to keep the fibers taut and to ensure that the garment will provide all-day support. Most manufacturers recommend cleaning underwear in cold water, making sure to use a quality detergent and fabric conditioner. Though the time it takes to dry underwear may vary, boxers, boxer briefs, trunks, and shorts made from cotton will dry slower than those composed of microfiber or cotton blends. A proper washing will ensure the material stays clean and will help extend the life-span of the product.What style of underwear provides the most comfort?
Another item to consider is the style:
- Boxer briefs: This style is perfect for men who are looking for the extra support of standard briefs combined with the leg room and breathability of boxers.
- Boxers: Men who like the feel of short-style underwear will benefit from boxers, which provide comfort in a loose-fitting design.
- Slim-fit trunks: Individuals who like a form-fitting design and extra support can benefit from slim-fit mens trunks, which hug the thighs and extend down the leg four to six inches below the waist.
- Briefs: Men looking for comfort in a simple and classic design can benefit from standard briefs, which provide excellent comfort and support.