Modular & Prefabricated Buildings
Do you have a construction project for your business and need to build a new facility quickly? Are you a homeowner who needs additional storage space or is looking for a convenient and mobile solution for your home? If so, a prefabricated building may be among your options to consider.What is prefabricated construction?
A prefabricated building is a structure that is built offsite and transported to the customer's location where it is assembled, placed on a foundation, and secured. There are several primary types of prefabricated options. The right configuration will ultimately depend on the intended use for your building.
- Modular: A modular building is a structure where the materials are designed and fabricated offsite and then transported to the project location where each part is assembled. Many businesses may choose this method as it allows a larger building to be built more quickly than a traditional building given the parts have already been cut and designed to the proper specs. For the same reasons, it is also an efficient way to build a home.
- Manufactured: While a modular building is assembled on-site, a manufactured facility is assembled off-site and delivered to the customer's location completely intact. Upon delivery, the structure will be removed from its steel foundation used for transport to a permanent foundation.
- Mobile: Similar to a manufactured building, this type of dwelling is delivered to the customer pre-assembled, but it is built on wheels. As the name suggests, this option allows the structure to be transported to different locations throughout its lifetime. It is versatile in that it can be used in various types of locations, such as a private lot or a mobile home park.
Prefabricated buildings are typically made from a mix of wood and steel materials. Many businesses, such as theaters, warehouses, stores, and car dealers will use a steel building due to its durability and because it can efficiently accommodate their needs.What are the advantages of a prefab building?
Pre-built buildings come with several key advantages. They will often result in less construction time, greater flexibility for the owner, and more mobility.
- Less Time: Since the parts have already been pre-cut to the design specs, the project will take less time. By the time the parts arrive at your site, it's simply a matter of assembly.
- More Flexibility and Mobility: Having a modular building makes things less complicated if the need to relocate ever arises. You can disassemble it and move it to your new site. If you have a mobile home, it's simply a matter of having it pulled to the new location.