Mugs are used for coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and other drinks. Many are designed for hot and cold liquids. Whether you go with a practical or a cute coffee mug, it's important to know about your options.What are the different types of mugs?
You will find that are all sorts of different mugs available. You can find a coffee mug or a mug that's designed for an array of other drinks. You might want to gift someone a purple coffee mug or a personalized travel mug.
- Ceramic mugs: Ceramic mugs are traditionally used for coffee and tea.
- Travel mugs: Travel mugs are insulated to keep liquid hot.
- Metal mugs: Stainless steel and copper mugs are used for camping as well as alcoholic drinks, such as the mule.
- Mug sets: A set of two or four (or more) coffee mugs ensure everyone has matching tumblers.
The amount of liquid held inside of a mug is important. You don't want to have to refill a travel mug, for example. You also don't want to fill a mug only a part of the way if it isn't the right kind of mug for what you're sipping.
- Espresso: A standard espresso cup holds 3 oz.
- Coffee mug: Coffee mugs hold between 8 and 12 oz. in most instances.
- Travel mug: Travel mugs can hold 24 oz. and more depending on the model.
There are all sorts of different features including in coffee mugs and stainless steel travel mugs.
- Lid: Many travel mugs will have a lid so that the coffee stays hot and you can sip with the lid on.
- Insulated: A double wall will help to keep the liquid hot or cold.
- Handle: A handle on the travel mug makes it easier to carry.
- Personalized: You can have a cute saying added to the coffee mug or choose a colour, such as black or purple.
When you're ready to get a coffee mug, take the time to look at what's available. You can find a purple coffee mug just as easily as you can find a travel tumbler.
- Style: Decide whether you want a travel mug or a coffee mug for another purpose.
- Size: Determine how much liquid you want to hold in the mug.
- Features: Look at the insulated mugs and other features.
- colour: Decide on a colour or personalized design.