OneTouch Diabetic Test Strips
Diabetic test strips from OneTouch enable you to test your blood glucose levels on the go or in the comfort of your own home. These test strips are intended for use by people who have diabetes or otherwise need to monitor their blood glucose levels. They are designed to use the smallest sample possible while providing accurate results in as little as five seconds.What are blood glucose test strips used for?
The strips test the levels of blood sugar in the body. The strips are designed to be used with a glucose meter, which will give you results based on the blood sample. Based on the readings from your blood glucose monitoring system, you can then measure the amount of insulin you need to take. These test strips use a small sample of blood to provide results. The strips are one-use only.How do blood glucose test strips work?
OneTouch Diabetic testing strips are composed of several layers that all work together to determine your blood glucose levels. They are generally composed of three different components.
- Top layer: The top layers on testing strips collect the blood sample.
- Middle layers: These layers are designed to channel the sample into the reaction centre. This area of the strip contains an enzyme that reacts with the glucose in the sample.
- Bottom layers: The bottom has a mediator that allows the reaction to reach the circuit so that the results can be read.
OneTouch Verio strips should be stored in a specific way to ensure that they are working properly. Failing to store the strips properly could cause an inaccurate test.
- Vial storage: The vial should not be opened until you are ready to use a test strip. Ensure that the cap is closed tightly to avoid damage and contamination.
- Test strip use: After using the test strip, do not put it back in the storage vial. Test strips are single-use only.
- Test strip disposal: After use, test strips should be disposed of. Remember that test strips that are expired should not be used as they can give inaccurate glucose levels.
Diabetes testing strips usually have an expiration date on the box. Once the storage vial is opened, the strips are usually good for up to six months. However, you should check the information that comes with the testing strips before you use them. If you keep a large supply of glucose test strips on hand, use the diabetes strips that have the closest expiration date first.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by OneTouch.