Other Automotive Tools and Supplies
From changing the oil to flushing brake and transmission fluid, preventative maintenance will keep your vehicle in good shape for a long time. Now that youve gathered up the parts and tools, you might realize that theres a few more items you need that you hadnt thought of. From consumable supplies to storage items, dont forget to consider those other automotive tools and supplies.What are examples of other automotive tools you might need?
There are some tools and supplies that are commonly used when performing automotive maintenance and repairs that dont necessarily fit in with the electric or hand tools youd typically think of. Some of these include:
- Respirators: Respirators protect you when working with dust or chemicals you can inhale.
- Oil change reminder stickers: With these stickers, you will be able to keep track of the last time you changed your oil. Note the date, mileage, and oil grade on these stickers.
- Work stands: Work stands provide a stable surface for working on car doors and fenders.
- Thread repair kit: This repair kit is suitable for engine repairs and will allow you to fix any damaged threads.
Dont underestimate the power of disposable supplies with your automotive tools. Youll use ample amounts of:
- Gloves: Latex and latex-free gloves will keep your skin from absorbing liquids. Since they are disposable, theres no need to clean after every use.
- Zip ties: You can keep your wires and cables organized and free from hot equipment, preventing damage.
- Front-wheel drive bearing removal adapter kit: Use this kit when you need to remove bearings for repair or replacement jobs.
- Tape: Electrical tape allows you to cover bare wires, and duct tape will come in handy when you need to hold virtually anything in place.
In order to make sure you have all of the supplies you need for your car maintenance or repair, its a good idea to stop and make a list beforehand. Go through the process in your head, step by step, carefully visualizing, and writing down, all of the tools and supplies you need for each step. It may be helpful to look over a set of step-by-step directions to make sure you dont miss any items. Once youve gone through all of the steps, look over your list before beginning to shop for supplies.