Patio Garden Furniture Sets
The right set of patio furniture can transform your small outdoor space into a special haven. Whether you opt for wicker, metal, or plastic, a cozy garden patio set can bring a real sense of serenity to a property. For consumer convenience, patio garden furniture sets often include everything from chairs and tables to couches and lounges.What is all-weather patio furniture made out of?
All-weather, or resin, wicker is a commonly used material in the production of outdoor patio furniture. Crafted from synthetic polyethylene, all-weather furniture is designed to resemble furniture made from natural fibers. Valued for its strength and durability, all-weather patio furniture also resists damage from water and the sun's ultraviolet rays. The combination of all-weather wicker and aluminum framing results in lightweight patio chairs, tables, and chaise lounges.How do you clean and disinfect outdoor patio furniture?
Resin wicker is more resilient than natural wicker. However, your all-weather furniture might still need sprucing up periodically. Before you begin cleaning your patio furniture, remove pillows and cushions from the chairs and chaises. Remove loose objects from your tables as well. To clean, follow these steps:
- Prepare cleaning solution: Mix 1/4 cup of liquid dish soap with 2 cups of warm water.
- Clean: Using a soft, clean cloth or sponge and your cleaning solution, gently wipe the surfaces of your furniture. You might find it helpful to use a soft cleaning brush to get between the wicker slats. If you discover tree sap or some other sticky substance, use a grime remover product to remove it.
- Rinse: Use a garden hose to wash away soap.
- Sanitize: If you notice signs of mold or mildew, add a cup of white vinegar to your cleaning solution. This procedure can be used to clean and sanitize your outdoor cushions as well.
- Dry: Once your patio set is dry, you can safely return pillows and cushions to their original places.
Water- and stain-resistant spray is a great tool that allows you to maintain the look of your patio umbrella. It can also be used on patio pillows and cushions. In addition to wicking away moisture, some stain repellents prevent damage from the sun's rays. Be sure to follow these steps when waterproofing your patio fabrics:
- Prepare your umbrella for waterproofing by cleaning it with a cloth or sponge dipped in a water-soap solution.
- Allow your freshly washed umbrella to dry thoroughly.
- After choosing a stain-repellent spray, test your umbrella for colourfastness by spraying the repellent on a small hidden area.
- Spread out your umbrellas or cushions on a large drop cloth to protect your garden from the spray.
- Apply the stain-resistant spray to your fabric. Be sure to spray evenly across the entire surface of the umbrella. Allow everything to dry, and then repeat.