Pfaltzgraff China and Dinnerware
The Pfaltzgraff company has been selling its ceramic products since 1835 and has grown to include flatware, kitchenware, and home accents. Designs range from classic, delicate patterns to unconventionally styled pieces of stoneware. Here is some information to help you make your choice.What types of Pfaltzgraff items are offered?
- Dinner, luncheon, salad, and dessert plates
- Bowls, including those for pasta, cereal, salad, soup, and dessert
- Salt and pepper shakers, pepper mills, and salt cellars
- Cream and sugar sets
- Dinnerware sets that usually include cereal bowls, mugs or cups, saucers, and dinner and luncheon plates
- Bakeware, including casserole dishes
Pfaltzgraff also has dishes with holiday themes, such as Christmas and Thanksgiving ware.What materials are the pieces made of?
Different types of ceramic give a different look and feel to the dinnerware. The materials Pfaltzgraff dinnerware is made of include:
- Stoneware: The clay for stoneware is mixed with glass particles for added strength.
- Porcelain: Porcelain is made from fine-particle clay and includes the white kaolin clay. Items made from porcelain tend to be thinner than stoneware.
- Earthenware: Earthenware is typically thicker and heavier than other types of dinnerware. It is often hand-painted and has a rustic look.
Yes. Porcelain dinnerware is not limited to white. For example, you can choose from the vibrant red Kenna collection, Madison's blue pieces, geometric patterns, or something from the porcelain American Flag series.What patterns are available for Pfaltzgraff dinnerware?
Pfaltzgraff offers dinnerware in a range of ceramic contents and themes to match a variety of occasions. A small sample of patterns that are available include:
- Winterberry: Stoneware with a pattern of berry sprigs.
- Ocean Breeze: Stoneware with bands of ocean blue and green around the edges.
- Remembrance: Stoneware with a rustic, textured pattern.
- Yorktowne: Stoneware with hand-painted, dark blue floral designs.
- Sylvia: White porcelain with a textured pattern.
- Country Cupboard: White earthenware with a textured pattern around the edges.
- Heritage: White, 12-sided stoneware.
- Village: Light brown stoneware with a '70s-inspired brown, abstract pattern.
- Sketch Paisley: Porcelain with paisley patterns in shades of green.
- Marisella: Earthenware with colourful abstract and floral design.
While you should always check the instructions for your set of dinnerware, unless the item has metal decoration it is microwave-safe. Most of the dinnerware pieces are also safe for the dishwasher.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Pfaltzgraff