If you want to get dirt and debris off a hard surface such as your car, you should consider getting a pressure washer. Before you use a pressure washer, you should ensure that you have all the safety measures in place. This guide will give you an overview of pressure washers.How are pressure washers powered?
Pressure washers operate on different energy sources. They include the following:
- Electric power washers: Pressure washers that run on electricity are lightweight devices. They are also easy to operate. They work well for light–duty jobs.
- Gas-powered pressure washers: These are ideal for big jobs such as cleaning decks and sidewalks. They are started manually, and some come with an automatic button to turn them on.
- Extension wands and spray tips: These wands and tips help wash multi-story buildings and areas that are hard to reach.
- Angled wands: These wands are used to wash gutters.
- Surface cleaners: These accessories have spinning jets that help wash driveways and sidewalks.
- Brushes: These brushes help you apply scrubbing power to tough areas.
- Pressure-washing chemicals: These chemicals are frequently used to wash small areas and surfaces made from specific materials. Ensure that the chemicals you decide to use are authorized.
The power of the pressure washer will determine the size of the job it can handle. There are certain features which you need to consider to make sure that you choose the right product for your needs:
- Light-duty: For home purposes and other light jobs, you can go with light-duty pressure washers. These are for jobs that require 1300-2000 psi. This applies to both gas-powered and electric pressure washers.
- Medium duty: These power washers are gas powered and generate pressures of about 2000-2800 psi. They are optimally used for homes and also in small shops. They are sturdy and good for cleaning home exteriors and fences.
- Heavy-duty: These are generally used commercially. These gas-powered products put out pressures of about 2900-3000 psi. They are highly durable and easy to use. These pressure washers are used in large-scale cleaning jobs such as graffiti removal and stripping paint off of multi-story buildings.
- Extra heavy-duty: These pressure washers have pressures of 3300 psi and higher. They are mainly used for washing other machines.
- Hot water pressure washers: These are used in industrial and agricultural settings.