Printer Toner Cartridges
Toner cartridges go into a printer in order to make it possible to print. Toner is for laser printers, which is different than the ink of an inkjet printer. Knowing about the supplies you need for your printer will make it easier to get the right toner.
What is a printer toner cartridge?
A printer toner cartridge is the way that toner is fed to the printer. It could be in black or color, based on the type of printer that it is. Every brand of printer, such as HP and Lexmark, have their own style of cartridges. When you buy cartridges, its important to know what youre getting.
- Compatibility: Some cartridges are only compatible with certain printers.
- Original: The original LaserJet toner cartridge might not last long. After that, you can look at high yield cartridges for when you do a lot of printing.
- Color: Look at the color of ink that youre getting in the cartridge.
What are the color options?
You will find that there are all sorts of color options for toner. However, what you buy will depend on the printer that you have. If you have a B&W one, you only need black. If you have a color printer, then you will need color laser toner. You might be low on one specific color or need color for all of the heads.
- Black: B&W models simply need black toner.
- Multi-Color: Many kits are available to give you all the colors you need.
- Single Color: If you need magenta, cyan, or yellow toner, you can buy them individually.
Can printer cartridges be refilled?
Toner cartridges can be refilled. In some instances, you will get a remanufactured cartridge. In other instances, you will get a kit to be able to fill the cartridges on your own.
- Bulk: Bulk toner powder or ink can be purchased, which is helpful if you go through a lot of laser toner.
- Syringe: This style allows you to inject ink into the cartridges.
- Recycled: Recycled cartridges allow you to reuse the supplies.
How do you shop for printer toner cartridges?
When you are in the market for toner cartridges, you have to look at the printer brand that you have, such as HP, Lexmark, or Canon. From there, you can find supplies that will fit your HP LaserJet or other printers.
- Brand: Look at the brand of the printer as well as the make of the cartridges to ensure they are compatible.
- Model: Review the model of your LaserJet.
- Color: Decide on the color refills you need of ink.
- New vs Refill: Determine if you want new cartridges, remanufactured ones, or a kit that you can refill the ink.