Samsung Galaxy S9+
For some people, bigger is better; and much bigger is much better. That's the design goal of the Samsung Galaxy S9+. As with all plus-size flagship devices, the S9+ easily encroaches on tablet territory with its 6.2-inch high definition screen. This is a big phone, and it uses the size for everything from a high capacity battery to a big screen and high performance camera.
What Does the S9+ Camera Offer?
The Galaxy S9+ brings far more with its camera than just the ability to snap selfies and take photographs. Its camera offers a wealth of features to meet almost any photographic need:
- Dual Lens: The S9+ features a second wide-aperture telephoto lens with a 12 MP sensor for wide angle and portrait mode shots.
- Variable Aperture: The primary rear camera has two aperture settings for its 12 MP sensor. It switches between f/2.4 for bright days and f/1.5 for low light shots.
- Super Slo-Mo: Taking the next step beyond slow motion, the S9+ offers a function where it records for two-tenths of a second at very high speed and then plays it back in a six second clip at 960 frames per second.
- Optical Image Stabilization: Take sharp pictures with shaky hands thanks to the miracle of image stabilization.
- Noise Reduction: The S9+ can capture up to twelve pictures in rapid succession and combine them into a single image to reduce noise.
- Translation: Using Samsung's Bixby, the camera can translate foreign language signs in real time.
The most obvious feature of the Galaxy S9+ is its 6.2-inch curved Super-AMOLED high-definition screen. Not only is it big and bright, but thanks to its organic technology, it enables Samsung's Always On Display, something that would be impossible with conventional LCD technology. Unlike LCDs, AMOLED pixels are self-illuminating, so when you turn one off you get a true black. This lets the phone show notifications even with most of the screen turned off; and without having to power a backlight.
Galaxy S9+ Features and Usability€
Despite its size, the S9+ is less than three inches wide, which is quite slim for a phone of this size. Much of this comes from its 18.5:9 screen aspect ratio, which allows for a larger screen without going too wide. Other features include:
- Fast Charging: When connected to a fast charger the phone can pick up a significant charge in as little as half an hour.
- Wireless Charging: There's no reason to struggle with a cord when you can just plop the phone down on a charge pad.
- Waterproofing: The non-removable battery enables the S9+ to boast an IPX8 water resistance rating.
- Storage and RAM: With 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage, the Galaxy S9+ offers plenty of room to run all your apps; you can also add a micro-SD card for even more storage.
Content provided for informational purposes only. €eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung.