A smartwatch is basically a touchscreen computer that is worn on the wrist. Some of these devices feature mobile apps and can function as portable music players. There are smartwatch models available from several different manufacturers.What features define the Galaxy Gear line of Samsung smartwatches?
The Gear S2 and Gear S3 line of watches offer a range of features and functionalities. They come in two distinct types, the Classic and Frontier versions, with the latter model built for people who have active lifestyles. Despite their minor design differences, they offer similar features and functions, including the following.
- LTE capability allows you to make and receive calls or messages from the unit.
- The virtual watch faces with rotating bezels can be customized at will. The watch faces also double as touchscreens through which you can control various functions. They are constructed from durable Gorilla3 and Gorilla GlassSR.
- The smartwatches feature Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G LTE, GPS/Glonass, MST, and NFC connectivity.
- You can play MP3, MP4, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AWB, WMA media files on these devices.
- You can access sensors for heart rate, wind pressure, motion, location, and light levels.
- Choose a watch with your choice of leather or active silicon wrist straps.
The Gear S3 is capable of going up to three days between recharges depending on usage. Your Samsung Galaxy Gear package should also include the brands proprietary wireless charging system, which allows you to simply place your watch on the included stand to initiate charging.What operating systems do Samsung Galaxy Gear gadgets use?
Tizen is the name of the operating system created for use with these communication devices. While it is not the same thing as Android or iOS, it is compatible with both of those operating systems via special apps. These applications make it possible for Tizen to work with Samsung smartphones that use Android operating systems as well as iPhones and similar digital tools.What accessories exist for the Gear S2 or Gear S3?
These Galaxy Gear digital devices are designed to work with a wide variety of accessories and applications.
- The Samsung Pay application uses NFC technology to facilitate shopping.
- The Gear Manager tool links your watch to your phone.
- Advanced Tracking for Fitness includes a pedometer, heart rate history data, and a record of water or caffeine intake.
- The Auto Exercise Tracking function monitors workout activities like running, rowing, cycling, and elliptical.