The Importance of an Intuitive OS on a Laptop
The key to finding the right laptop for you is to know how you plan to use it. Gamers need a better CPU and graphics card than someone that only plans to search the web and update social media. Windows upgraded Windows 8 to 10 and added many features that make computing time easier and more enjoyable.
What Are the Benefits of Using Windows 10?
- Cortana - One of the first features you will notice on a Windows 10 laptop is Cortana. Just say "Hey Cortana" and ask your question. What's more, you can set reminders to appear on all your Cortana devices.
- Task switcher - Quickly switch from between all your running apps with Alt-Tab keyboard combo. Moreover, a task view icon is sits on the taskbar to help you switch between apps.
- Snap assist - Snap your windows into place by using all four corners of your screen. Instead of just multi-tasking with two windows open, snap assist allows you use four.
- Action center - The notification center is on the right of the screen. Enjoy the notifications from the apps at the top and various settings buttons for quick access at the bottom.
- Microsoft Edge - Use Windows dedicated browser Edge for all your online searches. The browser aims to work smoothly with 10's operating system.
Which Features Should Users Look for on a Laptop?
- CPU - The CPU is the brain of the computer. Intel Core is the go-to processor for the Samsung series of computers. The generation and vary depending on the device.
- Battery life - The amount of time between charges is the battery life. Experts suggest looking at batteries that last at least eight hours before you need to look for a charging station.
- Hard Drive - A 64 GB HDD provides plenty of space for storing your important documents, photos, videos, and apps. Samsung gives users options when it comes to storage, from 16 GB to 2 TB storage options. In case you need more storage than what comes on the computer, look at a laptop that has a memory card slot for additional storage.
- Display - The size of the screen determines the size of the overall unit. The larger the screen, the bigger the keyboard space. A touchscreen display is available on Windows 8 and higher.
- DVD drive - Not all laptops come with a DVD or Blu-ray drive. The reason companies are going away from adding the drive is to reduce the weight of the computers that are considered "portable."
- Connectivity - Two to three USB, an HDMI, headphone jack, and Ethernet port are standard features on laptops.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Samsung or any other brands mentioned above.