Designed and manufactured by a German-based company, Sennheiser headphones feature sleek designs and incorporate technology that allows for enjoyable audio experiences. There are many styles of headphones to choose from. It helps to be familiar with the various types before choosing one.What are the different types of headphones available?
- On-ear: On-ear headphones are equipped with pads that rest on, but do not entirely cover, the sides of the ears. This kind of device is often used by on-the-go listeners who might need to still hear the sounds in their environment. They combine the portability and compactness of earbuds with some of the benefits of over-ear headphones.
- Earbuds: Earbuds are small and easy to carry. They fit snugly within the ears, providing joggers and exercise enthusiasts with a great way to listen to music while they work out. This type of headphone, especially the wireless variant, is excellent for pairing with a smartphone or carrying in a pocket. People who want non-clunky headphones will find these to be a good fit for their active lifestyle.
- Over-ear: Over-ear Sennheiser headphones are for those who want to be totally immersed in their music. With pads that fully enclose each ear, these headphones create an audio environment populated by the user and the music. The foremost benefit of this type is that exterior noise is reduced or eliminated.
Sennheiser has a plethora of different series. Each type has different characteristics and serves a particular purpose, such as noise elimination, increased comfort, extra portability, or wireless connectivity. Some examples of Sennheisers series include the following:
- HD 598 CS: This series of Sennheiser over-ear headphones provides a listening experience that audiophiles will appreciate. It features noise-isolation technology that prevents outside sounds from interfering with your audio. It also has a comfortable leather headband and foam pads that you can wear for an extended time.
- CX 7.00BT In-ear Wireless: Sennheiser earbud headphones are designed to be used on the move. A wireless transmitter in the neckband enables connectivity to the device of your choice. The easy-to-use controls make it easy to switch tunes and adjust the sound. These earbuds fit snugly in the ear, preventing unwanted jostling while you move.
- HD1 On-ear: Foldable and malleable, Sennheiser HD1 headphones are useful hybrids that are made with quality stainless steel parts but are still lightweight and provide high-resolution sound. These are a good choice for professionals who want the comfort of over-ear headphones but still want to be present in their environment.