Shower Curtain Hooks
Shower hooks are accessories for the bathroom that fit onto the shower curtain rod and hold up the shower curtain. The shower hooks are needed in a bathroom that does not have a wall or door enclosure for the shower. In addition to being functional, shower hooks for the rod are also decorative and can add a fun look to the bathroom.What materials are shower curtain hooks made from?
- Stainless steel - Stainless steel with a brushed nickel finish is a good material for shower hooks and a coordinating rod. These hooks for the rod are often outfitted with rollers for ease of movement. These hooks could also have a gold finish applied to them.
- Plastic and acrylic - Plastic and acrylic shower curtain hooks are lightweight, naturally resist rusting, and come in a variety of colours, sizes, and styles.
- Chrome and metal - A chrome finish on hooks for the shower helps metal shower curtain hooks resist corrosion from daily exposure to water in the shower environment.
- Adjustable - Adjustable hooks are able to accommodate a shower rod that adjusts in height. Adjustable hooks can also fit a shower rod from one to two inches in diameter.
- Rollers - Rollers on the shower curtain hooks allow them to slide along the shower rod with ease. When taking a shower, this allows for easy adjustment of the rod. The rollers are usually shaped like beads and finished with chrome, gold, or brushed nickel to coordinate with the other bathroom fixtures.
- Decorative - Shower curtain hooks may have decorative features such as floral, animal, geometric, or beach designs. These decorations for shower rod hooks are resistant to moisture and mildew.
- Corrosion-resistant - Hooks used in the shower need to be resistant to rust, which is formed when metal comes into contact with oxygen. Coatings such as gold plating, brushed nickel, or alloy are applied to the shower curtain hook in order to extend the life span of the metallic parts.
It is important to install each shower curtain hook onto the shower curtain rod properly. This helps ensure that the shower curtain and shower curtain liner will stop water from spraying all over the bathroom. To install the shower curtain hook onto the shower curtain rod:
- Open up the hook. Most hook types will open manually by using your hands and pulling gently on the top and bottom of the hook. Some hook types have a lobster-claw clasp that requires lifting up and outward.
- Once the hook is open, slide it onto the shower curtain rod.
- Align a hole of the bathroom shower curtain with the lower part of the hook.
- Push the end of the hook through the holes of the bathroom curtain and liner.
- Close the hook and secure it on the shower curtain rod.
- Slide that first hook to the end of the shower curtain rod.
- Repeat this process until all of the hooks are inserted through the curtain holes and rod.