Soccer is among the most popular sports on the planet. Whether you play professionally or casually, youll have to purchase the correct equipment. The right gear will make you play well, and it also makes the game enjoyable.
What soccer equipment do you need?
Heres the soccer equipment youll need to purchase for your game or for training:
- Soccer ball: Perhaps the most important piece of equipment is a soccer ball, which is available from many manufacturers, including Nike and Adidas.
- Soccer shoes: The shoe you select will be determined by the kind of football field you play on and your playing position.
- Soccer shorts and T-shirt: These should be made of lightweight materials. The shorts should have strong tying strings so they can hold firmly.
- Socks: These need to be breathable and comfortable, so you dont get distracted as you play. They need to be long enough to cover your shin guards and complete your style.
- Water bottle: Getting dehydrated can negatively affect your game. Make sure you have a water bottle, and take every free moment to rehydrate.
- Soccer bag: Your soccer bag should accommodate your playing gear, warm-up suit, water bottle, and sandals.
What materials are used to make soccer cleats?
Material used to make the shoes upper part will affect ball control. Here are the materials used to make cleats:
- Kangaroo leather: This is the softest, most comfortable, and highest-quality leather on the market.
- Calfskin leather: Shoes made with this material are the most durable, although not as comfortable as those made from kangaroo leather. Some manufacturers treat calfskin leather to make it softer and water-resistant.
- Synthetic leather: This material is water-resistant and most commonly used by beginner and intermediate soccer players.
- Premium synthetic leather: This is better quality than synthetic leather and is also water-resistant.
How do you choose between the various cleat-outsole options?
The outsole is designed to suit the surface you intend to play on. Options available include:
- Firm Ground (FG): These can be used on almost all natural surfaces. Professional players dont use shoes with FG outsoles.
- Soft Ground (SG): If playing on a wet or soft football field, you should go for shoes with SG outsoles.
- Hard Ground (HG): These are meant to be used on artificial surfaces, frozen ground, or any sports pitch thats been hardened by the suns heat.
How do you choose socks for soccer?
You cant use regular equipment to play soccer. Here are tips to help you shop correctly for football socks:
- A thick pair is advisable if youre playing or training in cold weather. If playing or training in hot areas, you should go for a thinner pair.
- They should be designed with sweat-wicking technology. Manufacturers use different methods to achieve sweat control.
- They should always go over your calf.
- They should be designed with mesh ventilation, ribbed ankle support, and Achilles cushioning for extra comfort.