A Buyer's Guide to Selecting a Sony DVD/Blu-ray Player Remote
A controller for your digital video disc player and Blu-ray player allows you to start or stop a Blu-ray disc, change media types, or make adjustments to your media without having to get up out of your seat. These controllers may also control other functions, such as streaming videos on your TVs. There are many features, functions, and options to consider when searching for a Sony DVD/Blu-ray player remote for your HD TVs and other media equipment.What are some of the features of DVD player controllers?
Some of the features of Blu-ray and DVD player controllers include:
- Silicone rubber buttons: The buttons are flexible and smooth.
- colour coding: The buttons have colour-coded functions, such as green or red for power.
- Symbol and word labeling: The buttons may be labeled with symbols such as a square for stop.
The controllers are able to control the following functions for TVs, digital video discs, Blu-ray, and streaming media:
- Media selection: Select the media type, such as streaming services for TVs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs.
- Audio: Use the remote to mute, increase, or decrease the audio of the TVs, Blu-ray, or digital movie discs.
- Channel: The remotes can change channels on TVs with up or down arrows or the numeric keypad.
- DVD or Blu-ray disc functions: The remote controls can pause, stop, rewind, or fast-forward DVD and Blu-ray discs. They may also offer playback controls.
- Special functions: The remotes may offer closed captioning, subtitles, favourites, and guides for broadcast or cable programming on the HD TVs.
The remote control uses an infrared signal to send instructions to the TVs, Blu-ray player, or DVD player. Depending on the model of the remote, the distance that you can be away from these devices is 20 to 30 feet. The distance from which the remote is able to control the streaming media, DVD, or Blu-ray disc may decrease as the battery life decreases.What battery types do Blu-ray player remote controls use?
The DVD player and Blu-ray player remote controls use either two AA or two AAA batteries, depending on the model of the remote. You can replace the spent batteries with single-use units or rechargeable units. Be sure to select the same type and the same brand and replace both of the remote's batteries at the same time.How do you choose a compatible Blu-ray player remote control?
Check that the remote control is compatible with your model of DVD player and Blu-ray disc player. To verify the compatibility, find the model number of your device. The model number should be on the back or bottom. The model number may also be found in the owner's manual. The owner's manual may also contain a listing of the compatible remote controls.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.