String and Fairy Lights
Whether you pick vintage-looking bulbs or tiny strings of fairy lights, string lights can be a great way to decorate an area. These useful lights can work in both outdoor and indoor situations. They come in many colours and sizes, so you can pick the perfect string lights for your decorating needs.What types of string lights can you order?
There are three basic options that you have to pick from when ordering lights.
- Fairy lights: Classic fairy lights, which are also called Christmas lights, are a string of tiny incandescent bulbs situated on a flexible wire. This type of lighting was traditionally used for Christmas trees, but it now has many other purposes. They come in warm white, multi-colour, and other options.
- Strings of bulbs:This design uses larger light bulbs on an electrical cord. Depending on style, the bulbs may be globes, teardrops, or vintage Edison styles.
- LED ropes: When powered off, this LED rope light string looks like a thin, flexible tube. It contains many small LED lights that create a continuous strand of light when turned on.
When decorating with strings of lights, you have many different options for powering up the bulbs.
- Battery-operated: Battery-operated fixtures powered with a battery are perfect for outdoor settings or decor situations where you are not near an electrical outlet.
- Plug-in: This is the most classic form of string lights. You plug them into a standard outlet socket, and they turn on.
- Solar: If you use outdoor light strings, you can select an option with solar power. The wire for these lights typically connects to a small solar panel. These are typically also battery-operated, so they work on cloudy days.
String lights provide a very versatile form of lighting, so you can use them for a lot of different situations.
- Outdoor lighting: Fairy string lights are often used to decorate trees, patios, and the outsides of homes. Though multi-colour outdoor string lights are most common during holidays, the lights are used year round.
- Home decor: Wind a string of lights around a railing, headboard, or shelf to provide a bohemian lighting design. Ones with copper wire strings are a great choice because they look elegant.
- Holiday decorations: During the winter months, use lights to add a festive touch to Christmas trees, home exteriors, and other indoor or exterior areas.
- Special event decorations: At any garden party or other outdoor event, decorative lights can be a great addition to your celebration. They make everything look twinkling and cheerful. You can hang patio string lights on a tree or garden trellis to light up your event.