Sleeping on the go can be difficult, but many people find that using a travel pillow while flying or driving to their destinations can help get them some rest. Because they have to be portable, travel pillows are designed to be affordable, small, and capable of fitting in tight spaces. These pillows come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials to help you get some rest so that you are ready for the day ahead.What types of travel pillows are available?
Travel pillows come in several different shapes so that you have many options when it comes to travelling in comfort.
- U-shaped: These neck pillows are designed to drape around the neck. They help give you good posture while providing adequate neck support.
- J pillows: This neck pillow is similar to u-shaped cushions except it has a longer arm to support your neck.
- Wedges: Wedges support the back and the spine, especially when youre sitting in an airplane or a car seat for long periods.
- Collar: These neck pillows go around the entire neck to provide 360 degrees of neck support.
- Cushion: These travel pillows look like normal pillows and can be used for various purposes.
- Travelrest: Travelrest pillows are curved so that the back of the pillow goes over the airplane seat and the front goes over the traveller's chest.
- Skyrest: These inflatable pillows blow up into a crate form, allowing travellers to put them in their laps and rest on them.
Some of the materials travel pillows are made out of can have an impact on the quality of sleep you get during your trip.
- Memory foam: Travel accessories made from memory foam are popular because they mold to your body, making sleeping while travelling more comfortable.
- Beads: These neck pillows provide support but can be on the heavier side for some users.
- Down: Pillows made with down are lightweight but may be bulky. They offer comfort but do not offer neck support.
- Polyester: These travel neck pillows are non-allergenic, soft, and washable. They work well on planes and can usually fit in luggage.
- Wool: These pillows are soft and easy to clean.
Some travel neck pillows have specific features that can make it easier to fall asleep while you travel.
- Size: Pillows that you intend to travel with should be small enough to pack into a bag or to carry with you, especially if you want to sleep while flying.
- Comfort: Some materials, firmness, or pillow types are easier to sleep on than others.
- Inflatable: Some travel neck pillows are inflatable while others are not. Inflatable pillows may be easier to pack for your flight though some may find them less comfortable.
- Clean: After your travels, you may want to clean your travel pillow. Some airplane pillows, such as those made from wool, are easier to clean than others.